• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Husky 501 fe Necessary snow bike mods?

Z
May 15, 2017
Kamloops B.C.
Hey Guys, I just picked up a 2016 Husky 501 fe (not the street legal version) and I want to make sure that I build it properly when it comes to the snow. What are the necessary mods that should be done for it to run properly and avoid engine damage and such. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

w74bronco

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2016
Must haves: Thermobob, dry air filter with prefilter, front springs, oil every other ride, lithium battery or ride with jumppack

Nice to have's: heated grips, non stock seat, handguards, radiator guards, adventure pegs, cyclops headlight, header guard or wrap, risers

Z
May 15, 2017
Kamloops B.C.
Thanks for the info, The bike has a thermostat from factory, does it still need the thermobob? Also does anyone have any experience with any of the aftermarket ecu's? And finally, do these bikes have cold issues, as in should I get engine jackets and rad block offs?

w74bronco

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2016
Thanks for the info, The bike has a thermostat from factory, does it still need the thermobob? Also does anyone have any experience with any of the aftermarket ecu's? And finally, do these bikes have cold issues, as in should I get engine jackets and rad block offs?

Needs the thermobob, replace factory thermostat. Won't need radiator block-off if thermobob'ing. Engine blanket will help, especially if your buddies like to stop for Budweiser moments every 15 minutes like my crew. I ran a set from Drifters on my FE 501.

Premium Features