• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camber Adjustment

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
My manual calls for an alignment bar to measure and set camber. Looks like the alignment bar is simply a piece of 5/8 steel bar 45" long. Is this what everyone is using? Any other tricks out there before I begin?

Thanks.

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
Any thoughts here? Certainly someone has adjusted their camber?

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
never really adjusted the camber on my sled. If you are trail riding or ice racing I could see a need for it but if you off playing in the deep then camber really isn't a factor since your skis aren't on snow 3/4 of the time anyways or they are turned in the opposite direction as the turn.

Eyeball it and call it good.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Link with the plywood is talking purely about toe, nothing to do with camber.

What's interesting - is the upper a-arms on the poo short tracks I've seen have no camber adjustment (Indy's, Rush, Axys), and all my RMK have had adjustable camber. If you have a rod laying around, use it, why not.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Actually camber is as important for mountain riding as it is for trail riding or racing. If you want your suspension and shocks to work properly.
I built this spacer/jig to set camber to my spec. on Polaris a-arm sleds.

image.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Actually camber is as important for mountain riding as it is for trail riding or racing. If you want your suspension and shocks to work properly.

I built this spacer/jig to set camber to my spec. on Polaris a-arm sleds.

Dam that is smart!!! Good call, something so simple and it's stupid important!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features