• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help please! SOS

AJmhgMatthews

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Redding, California
Hey all. On spring break with my family and been riding all week. All of the sudden this morning it was running odd to me. It usually takes a few pulls in the morning to get it to run but then dies right away. A couple tries later and I can back it off the trailer. Anywho, today went out with the family, did some climbing and off trail riding, then mostly trail ride back to the truck about 5 miles. I noticed that as I was on the trail, running lower rpm's that the throttle response almost felt "squishy" at times. When I got down to the parking lot, it backfired and died. I started it back up and it sounded as if it was running on 1 cylinder. I changed my plugs after checking compression (pull test only) and it still ran rough until I got into the rpm'so a bit higher. As soon as I let off the throttle it backfired, popped a few more times and died. Any ideas? I'm away from home, so limited on tools and supplies. Thanks

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Sounds like TPS to me. Pull the pigtails off and make sure that none of the pins got pushed in or are corroded. If you haven't done the TPS pigtail update yet then I would look into this before next season.

AJmhgMatthews

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Redding, California
Not sure yet, I'm tearing into her now. Been busy the last couple of weeks. I'd like to figure it out before I take them all back to storage for the next 6 months.

I'll post what I find when I find it.

Premium Features