• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Transporting a Snowbike

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Make sure your straps going down towards the floor are at a bit of an angle, if you have a strap running straight down alongside a fork it makes it super easy to collaps the forks on a corner and will cause it to fall over, otherwise just 2 moto straps down at a slight angle and its all good. Non rounded track kits have no desire to fall over. newer curved track kits get a little more wobbly, but hardly a challange.

If you had e-track on the walls and could strap directly side to side that would work awesome as well

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Just got my first snowbike setup and wondering about tips and tricks to tying it down in a enclosed trailer.

Just tie down through the 2 foot pegs and done.... I set the length for the specific bike put a Carabiner

on the end and compress the suspension and clamp on directly under..... Done
e28d026ea86126906a3041c947e5da03.jpg

Last edited:
R
Mar 24, 2009
I use winch style straps connected to the slots in the side panels of the track kit and connect the other end to the tie downs in your floor, one on both sides. I also transport with a wheel kit attached to the front ski so the ski won't slide out. Never once have I had one fall over.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Cut two pieces 2x6 about a foot long attach a rope/lanyard to them . When you get it loaded you slightly lean the ski one direction and kick it under the outside of the ski and than lean it the other way for the opposite side . You can actually walk around the bike even with a curved track without it falling over . You don't have to tighten the bar straps so darn tight . The foot pegs straps tighten the best by stepping on the peg while tightening and do a better job at holding the bike than the bar straps .

This works on the TS/S ski and Yeti ski very well , almost a perfect fit unless you have the wheel kits .

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Non rounded track. I just run a strap from each handlebar to tie downs in the floor. (that happened to be in the right spot to load between the back 2 sleds!)
That's it.
If I get real Baja on the road back to the highway, I'll stop n check, but 90% of the time it hasn't budged.

Q

Quadracer37

Jan 7, 2015
We've had great luck cross strapping bars up to ceiling corners slightly forward and one strap back from track/skid.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Cut two pieces 2x6 about a foot long attach a rope/lanyard to them . When you get it loaded you slightly lean the ski one direction and kick it under the outside of the ski and than lean it the other way for the opposite side . You can actually walk around the bike even with a curved track without it falling over . You don't have to tighten the bar straps so darn tight . The foot pegs straps tighten the best by stepping on the peg while tightening and do a better job at holding the bike than the bar straps .

This works on the TS/S ski and Yeti ski very well , almost a perfect fit unless you have the wheel kits .
pic?

Backcountry_Rider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2009
Mount Vernon
I installed anchors to the structural supports in the ceiling and run straps from the triple clamps to the ceiling. Takes all the weight off the forks and eliminates any possibility of the bike falling over, unless you roll your trailer.

YZ426F

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Alaska
Thanks for all the tip's. Used the 2x6's and two straps made the 300 mile trip perfect. First time out on one and what a blast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Premium Features