• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dual Scap- Magnet for carnage??

Y
Nov 26, 2007
Happy to say my new kit arrived last night and do not regret selling the 2011 kit and spending some $$ for a new one!!

One concern the new skag on the ski has quite the front edge to it and I wonder if riders are finding it is catching rocks, trees, willows, whatever. Should the front of the skag be ground down for a better approach angle than the current look??

D

DieselTwitch

Dec 23, 2007
Gunnison, Colorado
Happy to say my new kit arrived last night and do not regret selling the 2011 kit and spending some $$ for a new one!!

One concern the new skag on the ski has quite the front edge to it and I wonder if riders are finding it is catching rocks, trees, willows, whatever. Should the front of the skag be ground down for a better approach angle than the current look??

Its not to bad as far as i can tell. however once you hit a rock it really wont matter
Watch my rock it - http://youtu.be/LT5Rmmfdxs4

U
Sep 12, 2010

I've had some violent stops. A better approach angle might help, but there may be trade offs with that.

Premium Features