• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons or SLP or ?

A
Sep 24, 2013
I have found only two ski makers who can provide plug and play skis for a 1998 formula Z 670. One is Simmons with their gen 1 and the other is SLP's powder pro. I have been told Simmons offers great trail and powder performance but side hilling is poor. Powder pro skis offer great powder performance but trail is a dart fest. Simmons are $480.00 shipped and Pro's are $510.00

I am looking to put my boy on a newly acquired 1998 ski doo formula z 670. It is his first power sled. He loves zipping around the flatlands where we live but I want to take him into the hills and teach him the powder. There are other family members who join our rides from time to time and we keep those family rides to the trails. They tend to swap sleds and get a bit overconfident when their goofing off with each other. That is why the skis must be stable for trail riding.

Simmons or SLP? Or perhaps there is another ski that will work easily with this sled.

What say you?

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Dude, 4 or 500 bucks for a set of skis :face-icon-small-con Not sure where you live but I picked up two sets of used mint Simmons skis over the past couple of seasons for 100 and 150 check the swap meets and craigslist.... plenty of good deals out there

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello I have a pair of good condition all Black Simmons Gen 1 skis for sale that were on my ole 97 Summit,

Only thing I had to do to mount these were I drilled the bushings in the stock 97 spindles to 1/2 inch and the skis are already drilled for that.

I`d take $250shipped for them they are in good shape,

let me know if you are interested

I have paypal

Darren,
wildcard282@hotmail.com

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
Polaris ski

I see some people are trying the Polaris ski and really liking the results! Not really much modification to do and Polaris supposed to have the best ski ( so they say)! Maybe someone on here can give a lil feedback on the Polaris ski

A
Sep 24, 2013
Thanx for all your help fellow sled habituals. I have chosen to go with Simmons gen 3 for this sled as it needs lift to ease the burden on it's short track and bite without dart for the many trail miles it will get. I would rather not buy new because of the price but with 30 hours overtime a week at work and many pre-winter projects I have no time to hunt for components to fit them to this sled and Simmons said they will provide plug and play skis.
I will be looking to fit two other sleds with skis this winter but will wait to see the results of the Simmons first. The only reason I did not go with the Powder pros is because the skags are the only thing holding the ski to the mount and there have been cases of failure. That being said, those skis have a great reputation and following and I do not doubt their safety, I just want to investigate further before I place them under the most important people within my life.

Thanx again.
Air Born

Premium Features