• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Plastics

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Hey Guys - new to this forum......looks like a lot of real good information on here.

I am currently building an 06 Switchback 900 and I have also purchased the new front plastic kit. Question I have is what are you using for an intake with this setup......if not using the stock airbox (gutted)? I dont want to use the stock airbox. It looks like the Timbersled kit would work the best but I dont know if I like how close the filter element is to the pipe. I will be running the SLP pipe on this sled. Any insight/ideas??

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Hey Guys - new to this forum......looks like a lot of real good information on here.

I am currently building an 06 Switchback 900 and I have also purchased the new front plastic kit. Question I have is what are you using for an intake with this setup......if not using the stock airbox (gutted)? I dont want to use the stock airbox. It looks like the Timbersled kit would work the best but I dont know if I like how close the filter element is to the pipe. I will be running the SLP pipe on this sled. Any insight/ideas??

i am running something similar to the timbersled but it is homemade for a lot less. i went to the local auto parts store and bought a 3" mass air / filter adapter and some 3" flex tubing and a 3" air filter. i attached the filter adapter to the stock intake plenum with a couple screws and some silicone.

it looks just like the timbersled set up then i atatched the flex tubing to that and run it along the belt guard and zip tie it up above by the coils. i will get some pics as soon as i get my motor back together.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
your only other option for an intake besides the stock, timbersled..of biggdawgs GREAT idea...you can use the FNI (fire n ice intake) which is what i am running...

welcome to the forum

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i will try and get you a pic of the FNI with 09 front end asap..i just had knee surgery this morning..and been installing my a-arms..and i am hurting now lol..

along with a stock intake and 09 setup for reference...

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Has anyone tried to switch the tank console/seat/gas tank out from a new sled? How much work would it take?

I am just thinking... these 900's are going dirt cheap, found some wrecked ones for under 2 grand, this would make a good pet project for me. Something I can take a year or more to work on. The grunt of the 900 bottom end, plus 20lbs of boost... zoom, zoom, zoom...... :eek:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
FNI intake on RMK 05 RMK 900 06 RMK 700/900 with 09 PLASTIC

OK..

here are some pics of the FNI intake installed on an RMK 900 with the Polaris 09 Front end kit.

there are 3 issues i had found when installing it...

1. The standard intake boots on the boost box that connect to the throttle bodies, might not allow the intake to be far enough from the FNI intake and it will melt the intake.

So you must either get the FNI offset intake boots $30..and this will push the intake to the outside closer to the fender and push the intake away from the pipe. or you can make you own like i did..no pics sorry..same material as the FNI ones..but cheaper..

2. The Boost box has a cone shape on the part that connects to the intake, and it is pushed up directly to the fender..This is contributed to the offset boots i am sure..but mine are not that offset..and i have TONS of room from the pipe...but it does press againist the fender..

3. The OEM Intake Air Sensor is located on the cone shaped section of the boost box..but as stated above it flush againist the fender, so it cannot be used in that area..i installed the sensor on the front of the boost box, facing the throttle bodies..i do not know if it will be an issue yet or not...

I will get some pics of the OWM intake installed on the 09 front end as well, so you have an idea of what that intales as well.

THIS INFO IS "FYI ONLY"

1104092037.jpg

1104092037a.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Done!

Has anyone tried to switch the tank console/seat/gas tank out from a new sled? How much work would it take?

Outlaw..you spolied my surprise..lol..

I used the 08-10 RMK IQ Console..NOT DRAGON...

I was going to use the Dragon console..and modify the FNI HighFlo Stirrup vents in as well, but dont have the funds right now..and this was a much cheaper option for me right now..

The console will bolt up PERFECT to all holes, as well as cover the area where the rider select was located...but for those with the rider select delete kit..this was a ulgy left open space..

There were only 2 issues that came up while installing the console

1. The wiring kinda hangs up on the console hole when you turn the bars..but if you extend the tight ones and do a good job securing them, its fine..

2. The 05-06 Fuel tank has a slightly different contour to it where the filler neck is, and there is a small gap just under the squared section next to the gas cap..refer to pics..

other then that..i love it...its great and gives a nice clean look and looks new...and has ALOT more room on the console if you decide to add boost gauges ;) and handlebar switches like the newer sleds have...

Enjoy!

1104092037c.jpg

1104092037b.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
05 900 sneak peak!

Here is a sneak peak of my 05 RMK 900 166 with the IQR mod hood, black lined tunnel, 09 front end, 09 Skinz Bumper 09 Center Console and ZRBOZ A-Arms/Spindles..and MANY MORE extras..some listed below..some not!!

I will start another thread..but wanted to share on here..with other 09 front end pics..

1104092035a.jpg

1104092035b.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
nice look! I would like to do the 07-up console including swap for the aluminum shin vents and whatnot, maybe i'll give her a shot!

DO IT!!

I really wanted to do that this year..it looks like its fairly easy..some minor fab work..but the metal hiflo stirrup vents are sick..and they look dope..it would look just like JKINZER's sled...if you have seen that...

i might give it a shot next summer and use my stuff on the wifes sled...

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Guido, that thing looks AWESOME! What do you mean by "black lined tunnel"

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Guido, that thing looks AWESOME! What do you mean by "black lined tunnel"

its bedliner...gloss black...only issue i have with it..its rubbery..and doesnt get completely hard like i would like it to..so will have to see how it lasts..thank goodness for a warranty ;)

Premium Features