• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

154 or 165 Summit

Jan 16, 2019
Alright mountain experts.....Rookie mountain rider here from WI. 50 years old, but in good shape. Looking for suggestions on Summits, leaning towards 165. Right choice? Will be off trailing in WI and MI where feasible, too.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
I'd suggest a crossover model for you, not a mountain sled. It's not macho to ride a mountain specific sled on or off trail, it's a PIA as the mountain sleds have gotten highly developed steep & deep performing machines that overheat motors with their single coolers, deep tracks that melt hyfax, etc. unless in deep powder. They are also not much fun to ride very long on the trail. I live in Montana and own mountain sleds, but I still have & prefer to ride a 141 track, wide front end sled a lot when the snow is 3 ft. or less! My $.02

Jan 16, 2019
Great input, thanks. I did take my crossover out there this year in January, but there was enough snow that is was a struggle off trail. I may need to have 2 sleds like you.........unfortunately

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
For one or two trips per year, renting makes sense.

FWIW,I don't take my own advice.

Premium Features