• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broke panel.

kakwa climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Anyone having any luck glueing a lug on a broke Polaris panel back on? Epoxy? Will order a new panel but would like this to get fixed to finish the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Not specifically but I used Loctite Plastics Bonding System to glue a mounting tab back on my xr650r dirt bike radiator shroud and reinforced around the edges using a superglue type glue and building it up a little at a time with aluminum powder. I heard baking soda will work too. It has held perfectly for quite a few hard rides.

I recently repaied a cracked fuelfiller neck on my 10 M8 and the product recommended by J-B Weld was their Plastics Bonder. Can’t testify to its long term viability but it did get me thru a weekend of riding. I believe it was seeping a little fuel but it was a quickie application and if I wasnt replacing tank I would have redone it when I had more time for proper cure. It states 15 minute work time an 30 minutes till sandable. Not sure on full cure time but within 90 minutes the repair was exposed to sub-freezing temps and fuel for the next few days.

Many years ago I repaireda broken fairing tab on my Kawasaki Concours. The internet forum recommended melting a Lego plastic building block in Acetone. Then apply the paste to the tab and fairing. I can say that fix never failed in over 10years of riding. The fairing was made of abs plastic.

Last edited:
Premium Features