• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Voyager questions

YZ426F

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Alaska
Hello I'm going to install a temp gauge on my YZ450 and got to looking at the voyager units. My question is how do they work in the cold? I see they rated for 32 degrees but will they work colder then that. Coldest I would use it should be around 5 above or warmer.
Thanks

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
Hello I'm going to install a temp gauge on my YZ450 and got to looking at the voyager units. My question is how do they work in the cold? I see they rated for 32 degrees but will they work colder then that. Coldest I would use it should be around 5 above or warmer.

Thanks

I use trail tech on my sleds and bikes. No problems in the last 3 years. We have 6 of them between my and my buddies . You won't be disappointed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for the info. Going to order one.

I used the Voyager all season last year with no issues other than the clock kept loosing time (it was never correct again until spring) I have a friend who also has the same issue with his. We both had no issues in the summer. Other than that it was awesome (so I wore a watch)

S
Dec 30, 2015
I didn't have problems with mine last winter, including an overnight stay with a low of -5*F. The coolant temperature sensor will only show down to 32* even if it is colder, but reads correctly as the bike comes up to temperature. I don't remember how low the ambient temperature sensor read that trip.

Premium Features