• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Board Bracing

W
Jan 13, 2008
Hey guys,

Long story short, I have an 02 Summit X 800 that I stretched from 144x15 to a 159x16. The problem that I am having is that the track is rubbing really bad on the internal running board brace on the pto side of the sled. It does not rub the mag side brace at all. I have aligned everything possible but it still rubs. The only thing I can think of is that the tunnel may be twisted / tweaked in some way.

The solution...I am going to remove both of the internal running board braces and am going to install an external brace. I am curious what everyone knows about WRP vs. Better Boards. I have also noticed that others have mentioned using the Polaris Fishbone brace or the brace that would go on a Rev style. Definitely need to consider structural integrity since the internal braces will be removed.

Any information, pics and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

N
Jan 5, 2013
Revelstoke,BC
I did the same mod but went to a 162. I installed better boards or snow eliminators. there is several manufacturers. And I wieght about 240lbs all geared up and have no problems.

Premium Features