• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King cats dominate m1000?

y890

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Cascade Idaho
I just thought that it was a funny first post. :DLighten–up dang you guys are touchy!!!!:beer;

Its all good, I have post before on the old forums I just usually sit back and read the post, but it was time to least make 1 post for this year anyway thanks alot shane and brad its good to meet you and ride with you guys, call we will go again oh now I have made 2 post this year.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Its all good, I have post before on the old forums I just usually sit back and read the post, but it was time to least make 1 post for this year anyway thanks alot shane and brad its good to meet you and ride with you guys, call we will go again oh now I have made 2 post this year.

Good to hear that you had a great time. I went riding with a couple of guys from Idaho around Soda Sprimgs that had a couple of good running 1M's. Good times.

Here is a picture of my old 1M that i still have. I probly will never get rid of it.

Attachments

• my baby.bmp
    48.2 KB · Views: 114
King Cat vs M1....

Although I've yet to ride an M1000, I've outclimbed plenty of them in the hills of Southern Utah . My Sled's an 05 KC, that's stock, other than being piped, clutched, 162" Camo track, different skis and an SLP air box. The guys at D&P in Cedar City did the work on it, and did their own comparison at the first of the year. They were amazed that on flat ground, in new powder, my KC pulled the M for around 500', and on the hills, there was no comparison. Hopefully AC will figure out how to make the M float a little better, as I'm going into my 4th year on my 05, and I want a new sled BAD !!! Besides.... trees keep getting in my way :) Later !! Doug

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Sometimes I still wish I had my kingcat :rolleyes: id have a garage full of M1000's if pinks were the game
Now NATE that wasn't very nice. Tell all these poor bastich's what ya had done to the KK. It wasn't normal from the pics I seen. Mention rider size too, goes a long way on a good KK.

y890

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Cascade Idaho
Although I've yet to ride an M1000, I've outclimbed plenty of them in the hills of Southern Utah . My Sled's an 05 KC, that's stock, other than being piped, clutched, 162" Camo track, different skis and an SLP air box. The guys at D&P in Cedar City did the work on it, and did their own comparison at the first of the year. They were amazed that on flat ground, in new powder, my KC pulled the M for around 500', and on the hills, there was no comparison. Hopefully AC will figure out how to make the M float a little better, as I'm going into my 4th year on my 05, and I want a new sled BAD !!! Besides.... trees keep getting in my way :) Later !! Doug

I am the same way I would like a new sled but the old king cat runs hard. I had turbotater help me with my last few motors. His porting costs about double then everybody else but after comparing it to alot of other big name mods it has been worth the extra $$$$.

Dec 17, 2007
Once clutched right a king will not challenge a m1000 stock to stock. My m1000 with the stock track was not what i expected. 2.5 challenger 162 extreme, reeds, pipe, y-pipe and can. I have yet to be challenged this year. 3 apex turbos up in canada at turbo hill climbed at a higher rate of speed. I was the only two stroke that day over the top and had to lift to prove no turbo or nitrous. several kings at the bottom none at the top. XP gave it a shot rolled all the way down....

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
The new M's definately need a fix... I have noticed the exact same thing... Sled doesn't like to get on top of the snow.
I think a better track will help... The attack angle has me thinking... With the mellow attack angle, and such a soft front sring on the front of the rear suspension, maybe the front just compresses and then the sled rides on the rear of the track and trenches? IDK
I think for next year I will try a stiffer front spring and an A-20 or powder claw track.
Yesterday at tony's, my sled was an animal (08 m1000), but when I hit some wet heavy powder it would loose speed quick and trench... It would still climb at a slow rate, but was digging in big time.

W

WoodeeeM1000

Mar 14, 2008
Libby,Montana
Spring riding around here the thousand is hard to beat in this hard tourqy snow. Me and my buddy are gonna have some 9 tooth drivers made, try and get the attack angle better,and definately gear down,They make the powerclaw track sound good but in my experience the challenger is the best powder track out there,just my opinion!Well have fun this spring the riding around here is still as good or better than it has been all year,still have 15-20 plus feet in the backcountry, crazy we'll be riding in JULY:beer;:beer;:D

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I am not impressed with the challenger at all in the deep powder. I am really hoping that the powerclaw is as good as they say because I ordered a new 09 M8. The attack 20 I rode would easily beat my challenger in the light snow with ease. I have heard the powerclaw floats much better than the challenger, only time will tell.

F
Apr 25, 2008
Boat Anchor

Hopefully the powerclaw will be nothing like the attack 20. Not impressed at all with that track. Arctic Cat really should give warnings to owners with the attack 20 tracks that ride spring time with this track. Very "scary" on ice packed & frosty morning hills!!! Just my .02 cents.:(

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
This is why I ride a 900 RMK :cool: Only a Modded cat could beat me. Then I modded mine just a little bit. Didn't even port it! Intake coming soon. :clock: + :beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer; = :face-icon-small-win then :eek:

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Good for you, you make us proud.

There's just a couple of those 900 RMK's still running. We have one here that we had to sell for parts. Couldn't figure out how to make it run. And when it used to, it shook so bad no one wanted to ride it. Has anyone seen one sill on the mountain?

Owen

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
I rode the 09 M8 with the Power claw and didn't notice any trenching.
I am 6'5" 280 with gear on and it floated nice in the powder. and that is coming off of a sled with a holz skid turning a 16 wide 162. I was very impressed with how it worked in the powder and how light and easy it was to throw around. I think the track made a big difference.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Anything to make you puddy tat guys proud!!!

Never had a problem with the vibration. I guess you cat guys never had to hold onto anything. Its called a firm grip. But your right, I did rebuild it once, and I plan to get rid of it after next season, but its given me 4 great seasons already. So its time to trade out, but only for another Polaris. Thinking 1200 W/C IQR pretty strongly. I guess I could save for it and ride my old Indy:cool:

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
1200 WC a good way to go.

LOl now you won't have any vibration. big triples provide arm pulling smooth power. I can't bring myself to sell mine and buy anything else. Although I must admit the M8 162 SP was a really nice ride. I have know a couple of guys who had the 900 Polaris and liked it, but only a few.

Premium Features