• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King cats dominate m1000?

Turbotater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Magic Valley, Idaho
^^^ With equal weight riders on both sleds I think the M1000 will take the big bore King, but it isnt by much. I love the M chassis over the 1M, all in what you prefer.

Greg

A stock or mildly modified M1000 shouldn't even be close to a big bore King. If it is there's been a lot left on the table.

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Bought mine used so I never got to cash in on the lifetime supply of free crack....damn! I wonder if that was transferable? I'm calling Cat in the morning.

I know, it sounds a little crazy. A $5k sled (used) whupin on an $11k new M1k. Its hard to believe, and even harder to stomach if you put out that kind of money. But its true, the M1K can't hang with a mildly mod'ed king cat. Don't believe me? I'll be happy to show you. Believe me, I want nothing more than that new chassis to kick my azz so I can upgrade. My kidneys can't take many more years on the king.

Tater, I'm in Boise...PM me back. I'd like to ride with you and see what you have. I know well who you are. I'd like to ride your big bore kit. I'm up fr the Trinities on Sunday.......I'll show you some stuff up there that no one knows about.

--Perk

Last edited:
K
Jan 27, 2008
Stock i hated my m1000. I had newgate do some cluthing to it and some bolt on motor parts and now the kc900's don't even come close, nor does any other machine besides the turbo's.

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
I run a 1m king 900/ 162 and was schooled today by a m1.
I don't know what he had done to this sled but all I can say is wow!
The skiis did not touch the ground ever. Nothing else even came close
xp's, dragon's, nothin'.
Somebody knows how to make them work.

its called a little red button on the left handle bar grip.. :D

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
I run a M1000 with a few mods and ride with many 1M/KK owners and I put a hurting on them in climbs. In the technical riding the M's make them look even more foolish. The King was exactly that the KING in its day but its days are over and the new sleds are here. If you are getting outclimbed by them somethings definitely wrong. Even a twin piped 900 will not outclimb a clutched 1000,look at the torque curves of both the 1000 makes 90ft/lbs at a measly 5000rpm STOCK and 120-130 at top rpms. Throw a pipe,can,y-pipe,airbox and clutch it and they are unstopable torque monsters period. I will say that the M is not the best clutch sled out of the box and will get beat if not clutched properly.

wildrider on here with his old king id put money on it hed out ride almost any one on a m series sled in the trees amazing where he brought that sled.... mind you he now has a M.....:beer;

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
The 159'' tracks arent the stock tracks,i know that,i may be wrong but i think they changed out the POS attack 20 track for the camoplast challenger, im not saying im a badass rider but,i can hang with alot of real good riders, what ive seen this year with the deepest snow conditions in twelve years around here that the king just outperforms the thousand in the deep pow,im saying hit an untracked bowl, straight shot climb the king kills mine and outdoes my buddies by a little too much, I do like the 1000 ill probobly ride it till it falls apart,just dont agree that it(mostly stock) will beat a perfect setup king,like the ones i ride with. Dont wanna start a fight just lookin for some opinions to make the sled better, I just know i doesnt get on top of the snow half as well as a king cat!

you no id say your crazy but riding with so many of the m1000's and 900's i seen wild riders go freaking awesome before it blew up and then about a month and a half a go on the cat 09 m1000 test ride there was about 8 m100s not one was stock there and hole bunch of m8's to and some guy with a 600 2003 mtn cat chassis with a 900 motor in it with a 144 or 151 matched the marks with the 1000's or came right close every time and they all had long tracks if he had a 162 im positive he would have out climbed them all in the 2 feet of powder...:beer;

y890

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Cascade Idaho
Stock i hated my m1000. I had newgate do some cluthing to it and some bolt on motor parts and now the kc900's don't even come close, nor does any other machine besides the turbo's.

Will I guess you haven't been around my area, I will put my king cat up agains your m1000.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Alot of bs in this thread, and alot of guys that wouldn't know a good running sled from a 600 cc with 1000 stickers on the hood.

I see the same problem that the original post metions as the M-chassis being a trencher on a deep climb. It starts out well, and carries good speed, but quickly hits a wall where the trackspeed is up and the groundspeed is down causing it to trench a powder grave.
I had a mod kk 4 sleds ago, with a 16"wide on it, and just don't remember if this was the case. I do remember my 05 M7-m8 bb did not have this problem it had an a-20 with the holz brackets on the suspention. It would pop up on the snow with great speed slowing down up top but continue climbing at a snails pace (I ran the A-20 flipped/straight). I do remember feelings that the 05 M was a much easier sled to ride, but not ecstatic about giving up so much reliablity to get it to run with a bulletproof king. That being said, you couldn't pay me money to go back to riding the king chassis.

Moving on:
07 M-sled trenched something horrible, put an 08 skid under it and it still trenches, 08 M-sled trenches the same, tried geo mod and it trenched worse.
So what is it????
Is it the track? I don't know, but I ordered 4 powderclaw for the 4 08's that my group has (went in with my dealers springcheck order). Is it the skid, sure is pretty but how functional is it?? Don't know but my buddy has talked with Holz about this issue who believes that the attack angle of the track is too flat causing it not to climb up on-top of the snow. Holz says he can fix it with his coil over which is on sale right now with an additional discount available to me. (Did holz really design this 08 suspention? Did AC engineers relocate parts on Marks design. Is holz just trying to sell me a suspention?)
How come nobody has thrown an 05 M-skid under an 07-08??? What about moving the front skid mount down creating more attack angle
Right now the powderclaw may fix the problem (I left town 1 day before the 09 demo's were available for me to ride in 2' powder) It's too bad because I'd have a complete understanding as to what is going on.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
WOW!!!! first post and your calling out someone

I just got back from riding with Y890 and if you show up with a stock 1000(or a well modded one) and the pink slip, you can just put it on his trailer and save the ride up the hill.:eek:
the O'l king is a strong runner, so bring the check book and i would love to watch.

Scott and the guys,
Thanks for the great time.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
I just got back from riding with Y890 and if you show up with a stock 1000(or a well modded one) and the pink slip, you can just put it on his trailer and save the ride up the hill.:eek:
the O'l king is a strong runner, so bring the check book and i would love to watch.

Scott and the guys,
Thanks for the great time.

I just thought that it was a funny first post. :DLighten–up dang you guys are touchy!!!!:beer;

Premium Features