• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proof of how rotten GM is.........

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
"GM’s announcement at the Shanghai auto show this month that it is spending $11 billion by 2016 on new plants, products and people in China demonstrates a change in priorities. Since its 2009 bankruptcy, GM has announced $8.5 billion of investment in the U.S., where it has a more modest assembly-plant footprint."

Why didn't we just let China bail them out?????

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It just makes me feel sick to even read that.
What a huge stab in the back to every US taxpayer by GM.

What really sucks is people still will not consider that when making their buying decision.:face-icon-small-dis

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Not that I am defending GM. But are they going to mfr there and import them to here? Or is this just manufacturing for sales to Asia only. If the latter, can you really blame them. I mean really? With all the red tape there is to get anything done in this country let alone build a plant like an auto mfr. Then add the unions into the mix with all the high wages and the benefits that they demand. I would build in China also. Now if they are going to import the stuff they build there to here, then we should not allow it into the country.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
China converts the dollars they make from us into "loans" by buying US Government bonds--And heaven help us when they decide it's time to collect on those bonds...

Please, they are so dependent on our markets being good if anything happens here their economy goes down the shi**er. that is the bad thing about a global economy. All it takes is one significantly sized country to have a recession and it drags the whole world down with it. Hence I think it would be good to be a self sufficient country and adapt more of a policy of isolation.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
are they building a plant to build cars to sell in china

that makes since , due to high shipping prices, they are probably trying to get a bigger market share in china , get the chinese people to buy more chevy's

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
that makes since , due to high shipping prices, they are probably trying to get a bigger market share in china , get the chinese people to buy more chevy's

Yeah, there is definitely nothing wrong with making cars in china to sell to chinese. It just makes sense to be honest. And they still bring money back to the US of A

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I still wonder about the relationships being cultivated with Chinese vendors & worry about some of that coming stateside.

Hope I'm wrong.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
the auto makers could afford to pay the people who actually make the cars a decent wage if they weren't blowing millions of dollars a year on ceo's and admin types... screw the suits lets pay the working man a living wage!!!

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Well, thanks to the influx of cheap mexican labor, we no longer have to pay anyone anything more than the next hungry guy will take. It is kinda like the book "the jungle" by Upton Sinclair.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
put your hand in a bucket of water and remove it and after the ripple settles it was like it never was in the water...

that's the impact most workers make on an employers memory..

I have never worked for a union but I bet im one of the fellas that will be crippled up in a wheel chair from my work as all my past bosses rest in their hammocks sipping wine when we are enjoying our golden years..

I know that the intent of the union gets out of hand but I think nothing wrong with at least trying to have a worker being able to sit on a stump over a campfire in the golden years....

there could have been a fair balance...sad really

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
If they want to sell cars in Asia they have no choice. I bet if you did the research ford and Crysler already have plants over there or have purchased an already existing car company over there to get a strong hold on Asian sales. I have no problem with a us company going global to get more sales.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
^exactly. This is the reason I hope apple has success in the Asian markets. I also hope that at some point apple starts bringing its money back to the USA, but I don't see that happening which is stupid. But this is what America needs most. We need our big name brands to branch out into the world and start pulling the wealth out of the rest of the world and return it back to our soil. It is what we did back in the industrial era with cotton products and its what we should do now with technology.

Premium Features