• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is it just me?

S

Skippyspad

Dec 18, 2009
Loveland, CO
I picked up the Kodak brand 2500mAhr AA with the charger @ Walwart for $25. It comes with a accessory plug so you can charge them in the truck on the way to the trail. My GPS with this battery will hold for 10+ hrs.

Battery Life!

You should be getting at least 6-8 hours on the factory battery that comes with the GoPro. This might be a dumb question, but are you running out of Gig's on your card before the battery expires? If you run out of space on your card, it will automatically shut the camera down, making you think the battery is dead. That happened to me two or three times before I figured it out. If this is the case, get rid of that 4 gig card and get yourself a 16 or 32 gig card. Second, order another battery which is only $20 for your GoPro and keep in in a front pocket of your bibs or an inside pocket of your coat. This will keep the battery warm and 100% charged in case it's a cold day and the other battery runs low! Oh yeah, don't forget that you have your camera on. Be conscience of turning it on and off! This will save battery life and card space.

S
You should be getting at least 6-8 hours on the factory battery that comes with the GoPro. This might be a dumb question, but are you running out of Gig's on your card before the battery expires? If you run out of space on your card, it will automatically shut the camera down, making you think the battery is dead. That happened to me two or three times before I figured it out. If this is the case, get rid of that 4 gig card and get yourself a 16 or 32 gig card. Second, order another battery which is only $20 for your GoPro and keep in in a front pocket of your bibs or an inside pocket of your coat. This will keep the battery warm and 100% charged in case it's a cold day and the other battery runs low! Oh yeah, don't forget that you have your camera on. Be conscience of turning it on and off! This will save battery life and card space.

I found leaving the wifi on will run the battery down too.

Premium Features