• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do you raise the bely on a 2000 mxz

G
Nov 28, 2007
Newport
Im looking for advise. I have a 2000 MXZX 600 that I want to modify for my son. The front is stock and sits very low. The front is 42 inches wide (stock). I plan on either changing the frontend over to full summit or remove the sway bar and lift the frontend for riding in the hills. Will longer shocks lift the nose up in the air? I have a stock set of shocks off my 07 XRS I plan on trying. Any tips would be appreciated.

groominator:beer;

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
I installed 2002 700 summit shocks on an 01 700 summit and it raised up the front look alot better went from 15" to 17" center to center I would measure your shocks I will mearure a extra pair I have if you want to see the diff.

First off, you will want to narrow that stance... the kid will be fighting it all day! It might be best to find an old summit and grab all of the radius rods from it to narrow the stance. By doing so, you will also raise the front end... shocks are now more verticle than on an angle... if it is still too low you can do the shock replacement... good luck

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Thank you for all your help. I got a couple PM with more information. I knew there were smart people out here with good info.

groominator:beer;

It is hard to do with the stock , non adjustable, front arms, but it can be done..

Take each upper shock mount off and then turn them upside down and SWITCH them to the opposite side..

Th is will give a major front end lift. But with stock arms, it can be difficult to get the alignment back correct..

Give it a try.. and see where the alignment falls..

makes a huge difference in the nose dragging

Kelsey

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Kelseys right on the money, I had a 00 Summit700 that had a wide kit on it from the dealer, they also gave me the stock narrow front end parts with it. I flipped the shock mounts over and side to side and got the height I wanted, don't remember for sure, but I used one of the sets of raius rods to make it fit like stock. Just stumbled upon this trying to figure out a different setup over several beers in the shop.:beer;:D:beer;

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
It is hard to do with the stock , non adjustable, front arms, but it can be done..

Take each upper shock mount off and then turn them upside down and SWITCH them to the opposite side..

Th is will give a major front end lift. But with stock arms, it can be difficult to get the alignment back correct..

Give it a try.. and see where the alignment falls..

makes a huge difference in the nose dragging

Kelsey

Can this be done on a 2001 summit 700?

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I would like to see pics also, I tried it and it seems that it will be really high. The approach angle changes also.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
I have no pics.. sorry.. The rear end gets sacked a bit with this and this causes a bit of an issue. But the front end does get lifted extensively.

What about if you did a 3 1/4 drop already in the back?

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
jacked the rear of my 02 up 5", dropped the front skid mount an inch from the bottom of the tunnel to get my transfer back, as Kelsey stated, ski pressure is way much.
Did this to run the 156x16x2.5 Camo Mtn. Xtreme

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Did that with mine.. creates much more ski pressure and a horrible ride on the trail.. But I rode it like that for 3 years

I am doing it because my fat azz keeps hitting the tunnel every time I hit a bump trying to get some clearance.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
I've got I believe the narrow stance kit for that sled, check out my post in swapmeet for radius rods, etc. also have a pair of 17.5" shocks that will fit it.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Dont Have a pic at the moment but my 03 sits about 4" taller than my 02 if I flip the shock towers will it give me the same lift??

J

jwill302

Dec 6, 2007
il. 60073
i have an 02 renegade that i am converting to a long track. i flipped the shock mounts and dont know how im going to get the steering to fit. i really love how high it sits but i think it is going to be alot of work to make it work. radius rods have to be changed tie rods have to be changed. who makes longer tie rods?

Premium Features