• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

JVC ADIXXION GC-XA1BE Action Camera. Thoughts?

B
Oct 13, 2012
S.E. SK
I picked one of these up the other day, videos look good, seems to function great (for now), 1080p/960p/720p @ 30 fps or 720p @ 60 fps (what I'll mostly use), and different photo modes, water/shock/dust/freeze proof, takes regular sized SD cards up to 64 GB (which is SWEET), interchangable batteries that they say lasts 2 or more hours each (also awesome), WIFI, 1.5" LCD screen on the side for easy viewing/setting up in the field, easy to record, lots n lots of other features too. Come with a few accessories and mounting options

Has anyone else used this before? How does the 3M adhesive tape on the flex mount hold-up when mounted to your helmet? I don't want to lose a $250 camera in the snow because the tape sucked. What about easy-editing software? The video is mp4 format.

JVC-01.jpg

Last edited:
E
Jul 24, 2009
Holland, Mich.
Yeah Buckwheat, i have one too.... I bought it back in September. I use it on my equipment to take some videos of my jobs. I also have it on my stand up paddle board for some scenery shots. Sunday March 10th will be my first attempt at using it while snowmobiling. I just put one of the 3M mounts on my helmet. I may try a small piece of string as an added safety precaution. I also use the "handle bar" mount, as well as a suction cup mount.

As far as videos go, it seems to shoot pretty good quality video. I've had some good feedback on it's quality too.
I can't wait to try it out this weekend on the helmet mount, as well as the handle bar mount.

B
Oct 13, 2012
S.E. SK
Yeah Buckwheat, i have one too.... I bought it back in September. I use it on my equipment to take some videos of my jobs. I also have it on my stand up paddle board for some scenery shots. Sunday March 10th will be my first attempt at using it while snowmobiling. I just put one of the 3M mounts on my helmet. I may try a small piece of string as an added safety precaution. I also use the "handle bar" mount, as well as a suction cup mount. As far as videos go, it seems to shoot pretty good quality video. I've had some good feedback on it's quality too.
I can't wait to try it out this weekend on the helmet mount, as well as the handle bar mount.

the string's a great idea, might look a lil' funny but wutever... i was seriously thinking about scewing the mount base into my helmet, guarenteed not to come off then, but hated the idea of drilling holes in my new $300 fly f2 lid.

where on ur helmet are you gonna mount it? top? side? or try both? I'd rather have it on the side but seems to be more secure on top and prob give u a better shot.. And seems like mounting it on the handlebars u would miss a lot of shots wen u counter-steer, which i love to do

I'd like to give that suction cup mount a try up on the hood too, never saw one listed for the jvc, is there one that'll work?

E
Jul 24, 2009
Holland, Mich.
I mounted mine on the right side of the helmet, with the 3M adhesive mount. I also put a small zip tie through the lanyard hole on the bottom of the camera. Then I use a piece of para cord to tie it to the zip tie and then to my quick strap. The suction cup mount works very well. It's by Ram Mounts, with 1/4" threaded mount.

20130308_173129.jpg 20130308_173149.jpg

Premium Features