• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can i get a still pic off my gopro video?

P

phillybean

Feb 4, 2012
Kelowna BC
When playing the video, pause it when your at point where you want a still shot. Hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. Then open MSPaint (or any other picture software, every Window's computer has it installed) and paste it (CTRL+V). You can then use the crop tool to get rid of any tool bars that might still be showing.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
philly's method sucks. there are much better ways of doing it, most cost money due to having to buy the software.

i actailly posted this question on snowest about a month ago, and someone responded with this program http://www.squared5.com/ . go there and download it. when you pause it, you can fwd/rwd in slow motion to get the EXACT image you want.

with the program open...
1. file

2. open files (its the first option in the file menu)

3. find your video and open it

4. hit play (the middle button right under the video........this is also the pause button)

5. when you find an area where you want to "snap" your still image, pause it (you dont need to be on the EXACT still frame you want)

6. on the bottom, RH side of the video there is are buttons like this <> . those are forward and reverse, slow motion buttons. you can get the video stopped on your exact image

7. when you want to snap a still image, follow the next steps

8. file

9. export frame

10. when the box pops up, make sure you save it as JPEG, change it to the best picture quality, and change the location where you want the picture saved.

its about as easy as it gets. im far from being a computer genius, and i found it really easy

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
you are able to get some good images like this.... sure they are not "professional quality", but they suit me just fine

Newimage20.jpg

Newimage22.jpg

Newimage23.jpg

Newimage26.jpg

Newimage27.jpg

Newimage28.jpg

Newimage29.jpg

Newimage30.jpg

W
Jan 29, 2013
Another trick I do is start the video with VLC player, pause it where you want the picture then right click a choose "take snaphot" and it makes a copy in your picture folder. Do as many as you want then go to your picture folder, rename them and place them in a folder to keep it organized.

Premium Features