• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GoPro APP finally here!

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Got an email from them. Want and looked and it is finally up on the App Store. Gonna try it out when I get home

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Got an email from them. Want and looked and it is finally up on the App Store. Gonna try it out when I get home

It's about time. I've been putting off buying the go pro till this came out. Looks like it might be time to buy. Let us know how it works.

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
Is this only or mobiles? Would be interested in getting a refined version on my MacBook Pro... Sounds like there is still better out there. What is good for GoPro on Mac?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Is this only or mobiles? Would be interested in getting a refined version on my MacBook Pro... Sounds like there is still better out there. What is good for GoPro on Mac?

This is an app that works in conjunction with the Gopro wifi remote. Allowing you to view what your camera is seeing on your Iphone or Ipad, supposedly in real time.

They tried to release the app about 6-8 months ago but it failed miserably. Now they have a new app they have released (iphone and ipad only) but it still has problems with correct operation.

If your looking for an editing software to use with your GoPro..Final Cut ProX is the cats meow

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
So if I understand this correctly....

We purchased the GoPro 3 Black Edition, but we are having problems connecting (wi-fi) to our smartphones (Verizon Boinc & Increditable HTC). So I take this only applies to the Iphone and Ipad?

The wi-fi works with the remote just fine.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
i can't get it to hook up with my iPhone 4s either......(hero3 black edition)
help anyone.......

Have you updated the firmware on the camera? Do you have the latest version of the app?
I've got my hero 3 black working with my iPhone 5. I had to update the firmware on the camera and update the app on my phone. It works great to check out what the camera is looking at then I switch over to the remote for convinance.
I had a problem getting the wifi to turn on on the camera once but after pulling the battery it worked fine.
I'm surprised how much battery the wifi uses with the camera off. I had a fully charged battery on Christmas Eve and set the camera up to record my 2 year olds reaction on Christmas morning. 8 hours latter I turn the camera on with my phone before unleashing her and there's only one bar and it only recorded for 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Premium Features