• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Live SpotMe Report from Brian

Brian

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Ogden, UT
The red light is flashing indicating it can't get a satellite signal.... I really don't want to stick it right against the glass... The cabin is very dark and this thing is lit up like a christmas tree... it would definitely attract attention.

I'll keep trying...

Brian

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Ogden, UT
I would bet that the line of sight to a satellite is pretty different....

what altitude are you at?

I've got it propped against a blanket pointed towards the window now... the red light stopped blinking.. so it's at least trying..

I'm at 32,000 ft.

Brian

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Ogden, UT
You might need the opposite window.

Mine is quirky in the mountains in a deep valley at times.

I'm headed due South.. sitting on the right side of the plane... which means I've got the Spot facing WEST... I think it needs to face south to get a transmission out...

Brian

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Ogden, UT
No luck....

It's got a GPS fix, but it just can't get the transmission to go out.

I'll try again on my way home on Thursday when I'll have a window facing the southern sky.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Knock Knock.

Captain, Sir, Would you mind if I place this small device with the flashing red light on your dashboard for just a few moments?

Make sure someone has a video camera to record this. I want to see the taser and takedown when you go walking up the aisle with a blinking device!! :face-icon-small-sho :face-icon-small-win LOL

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
white-don-t-taze-me-bro-don-t-taze-me-men_design.png

Premium Features