• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best mods to a 02 Mountain Cat

Z
Dec 6, 2007
Edmonton
Moving the steering post forward using the Wildchld post was one of the best things I did last year. Really changed the way the sled feels and manouvers. A LOT more fun now. Also consider lightening any rotating mass, brake rotor, track porting, lightweight shafts. Slight porting. Check squish and tightening it up if on the high side of spec. Many of the 02's are on the high side of spec. Let her breath.

Moving the steering post forward using the Wildchld post was one of the best things I did last year. Really changed the way the sled feels and manouvers. A LOT more fun now. QUOTE]

How'd you do the post mod on the 800? I've talked to "wildchild" and he's told me he doesn't make one for the 800, only the 900. Something to do with the different airboxes and a couple other differences in the 2 sleds. Anyone have a thread to look at how to do this, 'cause I can't find one!

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
If you want i have a stock air box off of a king kat i would sell you. You would have to buy the rubber boots that go to the throttle bodies though. Let me know we can deal under a pm so not to cluster this thread.

Premium Features