• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: Why did my POST COUNT drop ??????

B

BigJake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jul 23, 2009
Do you just not have the time to get in front of your PC very often?

Nope, between work, family, work around the house, and other responsibilites I don't get on here much.......also in a former life I made some enemies around here......

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
I earned my around 4500 posts on here, now it looks like I am a newbie. Being a woman, it was hard enough to get respect on here, but my posts both number and content-wise meant and counted for something. Now I will have to start all over. 8 years of posts gone.

Please bring them back.

Pam

S

Super B

Dec 26, 2002
Monticello, MN
www.rooost.ca
I earned my around 4500 posts on here, now it looks like I am a newbie. Being a woman, it was hard enough to get respect on here, but my posts both number and content-wise meant and counted for something. Now I will have to start all over. 8 years of posts gone.

Please bring them back.

Pam

Majority of us that been around for years know who you are and respect you and we know that you know your stuff!:beer;

B
Jan 15, 2008
Covington, WA
Help me understand

Ok, all, I am kinda new on this fancy Sno West forum thingie. Exactly what are all the multitude of posts going to do for me? Is this sorta like collecting Campbell Soup labels... Am I going to get a prize once I reach a certain amount-- And no, I am not trying to be funny, I really don't understand the importance beyond the glory of saying I have a lot of posts.

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
Ok, all, I am kinda new on this fancy Sno West forum thingie. Exactly what are all the multitude of posts going to do for me? Is this sorta like collecting Campbell Soup labels... Am I going to get a prize once I reach a certain amount-- And no, I am not trying to be funny, I really don't understand the importance beyond the glory of saying I have a lot of posts.

Chicks dig it.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
We truly are trying to get hold of a copy of the old database so we can import all of your previous posts.
If that were possible, it would be fantastic.

I know I used to have a ton of bookmarks into the old database as there was so much useful tuning info on there. People helped me get my last two sleds set up SOOO sweet, clutching tips, other performance tips. Guess I don't have the sleds any more but they were so useful, and would be for guys with older sleds trying to get the most out of them. I know people on here are still helpful that way, but the people who helped me for example have moved on to newer rides too.

I know there was a time period when the old and new were both available, but separately, and I think the old was read-only.

I work in the computer industry and it is amazing how few organizations have good backup procedures... good luck in your hunt for the older info!

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
i don't really give a big rip one way or the other, but it is odd how some have kept 10,000+ post counts and a ton of us have lost over a thousand. i don't buy the "since the new forum opened" explanation. no way someone could post over 10 grand in a bit over a year? the whole score keeping thing seems a bit like a kids beauty pageant.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
i don't really give a big rip one way or the other, but it is odd how some have kept 10,000+ post counts and a ton of us have lost over a thousand. i don't buy the "since the new forum opened" explanation. no way someone could post over 10 grand in a bit over a year? the whole score keeping thing seems a bit like a kids beauty pageant.

Didn't we switch two years ago? in the fall of 2007 or am I wrong on that. Either way 10,000 in two years is a lot. But then again look at all the REP and Max threads and I could see how it is possible for a few.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
i don't buy the "since the new forum opened" explanation. no way someone could post over 10 grand in a bit over a year? .
Sorry you choose not to "buy it" but its the truth.

ALL posts from all previous forums were NEVER imported to this forum.

But, whoever did the intial setup of this forum imported your POST COUNT when they transfered your account over.

Then, when we ran the regular maintence routines, and updated ALL the counters on the site, it simply counted every post you have made on this site and that became your new post count.

If you don't beleive it, choose one of the people with a high post count and go backwards and LOOK at their posts. You WILL be able to find each and every post they have made and been given credit for.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
no way someone could post over 10 grand in a bit over a year?
Totally possible. With 30 seconds between posts, it's possible to do 2880 in one day. In theory, one could do 10k in a little under a week.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I lost big time also from level 34 and 18000 points. Not a real big deal but I wouldn't mind getting back.

Cheers,
Dave

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sorry about that.
The previous moderator that did the conversion from the old forum to the new one abandoned all of the old posts and didn't import any of them here.

Premium Features