• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Mountain Riding is REALLY Like (Video)

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Just a fun little "highlight" video of a small (and I do mean small) number of times I've been stuck this season. ;)

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpowderbuggies%2Fvideos%2F1982510855398744%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Is that like a 146 or what? Those skis never seem to touch down. Likely would have gone much farther if you could keep that thing flat on the snow.

LOL.

This was a blooper reel. A stuck reel. Hard to be funny and show off how "good" I am at the same time.

This has nothing to do with the sled, and everything to do with me screwing up. Was hoping a few people would relate and laugh at this, all in fun my man.

If I was trying to show how capable the sled was it'd be an entirely different video. I can promise the things is ripping, and is setup very well. Go ahead and be a keyboard warrior, but you werent there to check snow conditions, see where I was riding from or watch how dumb I was being with the flipper...

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I see you must have went to the Silber school of riding. When in doubt, pin it till you hit dirt or trees for traction or are really stuck. I giggle every time I ride with those guys. They are good riders but they go into the stupidest spots.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
What is the trick to seeing the video?
Tapatalk wont follow link and online mobile version doesnt even show the link

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
I see you must have went to the Silber school of riding. When in doubt, pin it till you hit dirt or trees for traction or are really stuck. I giggle every time I ride with those guys. They are good riders but they go into the stupidest spots.

I bet the last time you got stuck was in the 1990's, yea?

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009

Sounds awfully judgy ;)

In all honestly, I love riding with Justin and the crew. We want to find more interesting terrain than a meadow or open hill. Sometimes that means we'll get stuck. Actually that always means we'll get stuck ;)

We aren't pros and work more days than we ride, its why we have a team of real pros. That means when we get on snow there is always a "warm up" period (EG when we go get nice and stuck) before we start picking off good lines.

If it was easy I'm not sure I'd like it. Sport is supposed to challenge us eh!?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
LOL.

This was a blooper reel. A stuck reel. Hard to be funny and show off how "good" I am at the same time.

This has nothing to do with the sled, and everything to do with me screwing up. Was hoping a few people would relate and laugh at this, all in fun my man.

If I was trying to show how capable the sled was it'd be an entirely different video. I can promise the things is ripping, and is setup very well. Go ahead and be a keyboard warrior, but you werent there to check snow conditions, see where I was riding from or watch how dumb I was being with the flipper...

Not knocking the sled, just wowed and found it funny that it was always facing the sky. Yes I understand it is entertainment more than a chance to critique.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Not knocking the sled, just wowed and found it funny that it was always facing the sky. Yes I understand it is entertainment more than a chance to critique.

Roger.

For me its a balance. I don't want the super heavy front end and wash-out-prone setup one gets when they suck their limiter in.

I also want to be able to lift my skis when need be.

This means I walk a delicate line. And yes, my sled will trench if I'm stupid with the flipper, if I ride far back on the boards or if the snow is super punchy (not much you can do about the last one - regardless of setup).

But yeah, when I get into trouble, you'll see the skis to the sky as it usually get steep and I usually panic. AKA I grab the flipper with everything it has to offer ;)

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Looks like a lot of fun and great snow. Even with all the power in the world if your not getting stuck your not riding hard enough to challenge yourself:eyebrows:

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Good on you for being honest and real! You sure don’t see many willing to come forward and admit they screw up and make dumb choices at times too, maybe their cape works better than some of ours. Lol.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I guess you'd call that. . . . plan B? Too funny man... Makes me feel better about my sticks. . . stucks? whatever.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Sounds awfully judgy ;)

In all honestly, I love riding with Justin and the crew. We want to find more interesting terrain than a meadow or open hill. Sometimes that means we'll get stuck. Actually that always means we'll get stuck ;)

We aren't pros and work more days than we ride, its why we have a team of real pros. That means when we get on snow there is always a "warm up" period (EG when we go get nice and stuck) before we start picking off good lines.

If it was easy I'm not sure I'd like it. Sport is supposed to challenge us eh!?
It appears post comprehension is lacking for some of you. My point was I like to ride with them. You must not ride with them much if you haven't seen the pin it and wiggle move to get unstuck. I was not bashing or putting anyone down. What the hell. Don't even know where you get that in my post. Oh well. I know Justin and Jimmy got a laugh out of it. I'm one of the few who stick up for him when the bash fest gets going. Some of you seem to be a little sensitive. And just for the record, it's been since the early 2000's since I've been stuck. :peace:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
It appears post comprehension is lacking for some of you. My point was I like to ride with them. You must not ride with them much if you haven't seen the pin it and wiggle move to get unstuck. I was not bashing or putting anyone down. What the hell. Don't even know where you get that in my post. Oh well. I know Justin and Jimmy got a laugh out of it. I'm one of the few who stick up for him when the bash fest gets going. Some of you seem to be a little sensitive. And just for the record, it's been since the early 2000's since I've been stuck. :peace:

Was hoping you’d chime back in! What a bunch of sissies, eh bacon?!!! It is the internet boys, get real.

Premium Features