• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS wishould list

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
Super excited and going to order a 2016! Here is what I am hoping will be options for snow check sleds. Powder coated tunnel and boards, powder coated a-arms, 3" track. Option for electric start could be swapped out for some of these options....simple, but I think almost everyone would like these choices.....

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
My gut tells me there will be 3 other track lengths and a Assault version. All 2.6" track. I believe this track will be as effective as most 3" while being lighter and more durable.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
After riding the 16, my wish list (with a couple of snowcheck option predictions) is this....

1) multiple factory track options for snowcheck (NOT dealer installed and then you have to sell your take-off). The 2.6" will be FANTASTIC, but some will just want the X3. Personally, I'd like to see how this 2.6" does in various conditions before I upgrade to the X3. The 2.6" may just be the ticket. Those lugs are very similar to the X3 lugs.

2) shock upgrade options from the factory (WE with reservoirs or Elka Stage 5 or Floats)

3) The GPS option. I really liked that. Hope the maps are detailed for all of North America's riding areas.

4) factory tunnel wraps for side AND top.

5) factory powder coated rails, running boards, spindles and A-arms. I suspect they will be "painted".

6) slightly taller footwells (maybe up to 1" taller)

7) I'm sure they'll offer electric start, but it needs to have the ultra lilghteight batteries like SpeedCell, Earth or the WPS variety.

8) The rear suspension coupler lock-out isn't for everyone, but a factory option would be nice for those that plan to boost or go with higher HP.

9) I'd like to see a Polaris accessory that you can mount on the tunnel where you can pile a bunch of snow on the tunnel and it stays there for those thin snow days. Maybe two inches tall or so. I've pulled off to cool my sled, load the tunnel with snow, but when you take off, it doesn't stay there for more than about 50 yards.

10) Keep the old Pro chassis and it's specs, including lower CG. Call it the Assault/Switchback (and associated options) for those who ride mid-west AND mountains and mtn trails. Make sure it's got the bulkhead cooler.

Last edited:

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
After riding the 16, my wish list is this....

10) Keep the old Pro chassis and it's specs. Call it the Assault/Switchback (and associated options) for those who ride mid-west AND mountains. Make sure it's got the bulkhead cooler.

Not just midwesterner's but a lot of westerners as well, such as my wife - who loves to boondock but still spends the majority of her time on the trail. A lot of people I see out riding would be much better off if they had the standard RMK instead of the Pro.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Not just midwesterner's but a lot of westerners as well, such as my wife - who loves to boondock but still spends the majority of her time on the trail. A lot of people I see out riding would be much better off if they had the standard RMK instead of the Pro.

Yes sir...I was giving an example, but you are completely correct.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
What I wish for and what I will predict for snowcheck:

Obviously more options are coming March 2:

I think a 163 will be offered (which I plan to Check) but only the 2.6" paddles, fine by me

I also see a 4 year warranty coming from Poo (They want to show everyone they have faith in this new motor)

I see an option for powder coated rails and powder coated tunnel

I also see an option for a shock upgrade.

I will be happy with that (especially the longer warranty if that is the case).

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
if noone dies forcing a belt drive re-call, id like to see them tweak the chaincase so you can run 7 tooth drivers and the new track. wouldnt want to have to pull mine out on a brand new sled and modify it to work. maybe polaris will do this so they can offer a 2.6 on sno-checked standard rmk models?
gut tell me standard rmk wont even be the new chassis tho...:face-icon-small-sad

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Clicker shocks, Painted/Powdercoated rails/tunnel/boards/a arms, a loaded up std. RMK, more track options, handlebar options, better/more BNG. Pretty much hope they continue what they did in 15...

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
I want a 163 2.6 with the GPS, E-start with some powder coat & shock options. The new sled looks sweet, I cant believe how narrow it is.

Cannot wait to throw a leg over it!!

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Keep the same volume of fluid and same contact area but make the exchanger short enough to stay under the fuel tank. This will keep the ice out of and off of 2/3's of the tunnel much like the Cat does! Get rid of the center port on the track and put extroverts in there!! Colors, Shocks, Tunnel and rail paint will still be options I think!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Powder Coat everything that is raw aluminum... Polaris are you out there, are you reading this thread!?!?!? We're all not as retarded as you think we are, we're not falling for the whole dry weight BS any more, its 2016, look at all the post above about powder coating, we need to coat all raw aluminum or it costs us major weight on the mountain with all the snow build up...

That being said I have been told that they can't powdercoat the tunnel because of the glue melting??... That really sucks if so, they need to wrap it then but not sure what they do with the inside? Also agree with making the Cooler like Cats to reduce snow build up.

Also I would like a 3" track option for BOTH 155" and 163"

I want Burandt Fox Floats for and option as well

Do those 3 things and this sled will be about as perfect out of the box as it gets

Last edited:

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Powder Coat everything that is raw aluminum... Polaris are you out there, are you reading this thread!?!?!? We're all not as retarded as you think we are, we're not falling for the whole dry weight BS any more, its 2016, look at all the post above about powder coating, we need to coat all raw aluminum or it costs us major weight on the mountain with all the snow build up...

That being said I have been told that they can't powdercoat the tunnel because of the glue melting??... That really sucks if so, they need to wrap it then but not sure what they do with the inside? Also agree with making the Cooler like Cats to reduce snow build up.

Also I would like a 3" track option for BOTH 155" and 163"

I want Burandt Fox Floats for and option as well

Do those 3 things and this sled will be about as perfect out of the box as it gets

Glue in the tunnel? I think you've been listening to the doo guys too long;)

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I powder coated my glued a arms 3 years ago at the 0 mile mark. 3000 hard miles later they are still In tact, and show no ill signs

With the options on powders for temp and time this day and the varieties of glued they are more than capable of gluing and powder coating. It's all about math science time and temp

Last I checked back when I was in engineering school those were some basics principals to engineering

Maybe polaris has the wrong material science guys,or the bean counters want the last half a bean from each sled...... Me dunno

I do know it's possible though, maybe they are just waiting to use such things as snow check incentive, or what's new for 2046

Once again. Me dunno

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
After riding the 16, my wish list (with a couple of snowcheck option predictions) is this....

1) multiple factory track options for snowcheck (NOT dealer installed and then you have to sell your take-off). The 2.6" will be FANTASTIC, but some will just want the X3. Personally, I'd like to see how this 2.6" does in various conditions before I upgrade to the X3. The 2.6" may just be the ticket. Those lugs are very similar to the X3 lugs.
I think the series 6 2.6 is going to work, I had no issues, but agree with options, you can never have too many options
2) shock upgrade options from the factory (WE with reservoirs or Elka Stage 5 or Floats)
agree 100% This has been my number 1 complaint, Put a good shock on it
3) The GPS option. I really liked that. Hope the maps are detailed for all of North America's riding areas.

This was a neat setup. I think it will work nicely

4) factory tunnel wraps for side AND top.
it would be nice but because there are so many aftermarket options, its not a deal killer

5) factory powder coated rails, running boards, spindles and A-arms. I suspect they will be "painted".
yes, anodized would be a nice options as well

6) slightly taller footwells (maybe up to 1" taller)
it wasn't an issue for me but I can see it being a big deal for anyone with large feet

7) I'm sure they'll offer electric start, but it needs to have the ultra lilghteight batteries like SpeedCell, Earth or the WPS variety.
This is my big debate, my next sled may have electric start, definitely need to go lightweight battery

8) The rear suspension coupler lock-out isn't for everyone, but a factory option would be nice for those that plan to boost or go with higher HP.

I could care less about this, if you are going to boost your sled this is easy enough to add on yourself

9) I'd like to see a Polaris accessory that you can mount on the tunnel where you can pile a bunch of snow on the tunnel and it stays there for those thin snow days. Maybe two inches tall or so. I've pulled off to cool my sled, load the tunnel with snow, but when you take off, it doesn't stay there for more than about 50 yards.

also don't care about this, this screams aftermarket to me.

10) Keep the old Pro chassis and it's specs, including lower CG. Call it the Assault/Switchback (and associated options) for those who ride mid-west AND mountains and mtn trails. Make sure it's got the bulkhead cooler.

I don't think this is a reality or needed. Keep the sleds going forward, They make sleds for both areas and I never really jack of all trades type of sled.

Poo needs to add a factory teather. I'd like to see some sno-check only colors and options.

Premium Features