• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

axys chassis; first impressions

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Spent about 4 hours at the dealer today picking up a Pro S switchback for a family member, this is what I have noticed so far

Very different seat feel, will take some getting used to the new positioning.
Bars and controls are a welcomed change
Fit and finish is amazing

light as all hell compared to the Switchback Pro R

engine feels way snappier over the 11/12/13's that i have driven, even if I only drove it across the parking lot, it wanted to throw me back in the seat every push of the throttle

the crappy fasteners are gone of the side panels and replaced with a different variation of a plastic one, seem to work well, however they have relocated those same crap fasteners to the hood, which is now field removable with no tools

Clutch alignment is differenent with the secondary coming higher and farther forward. Gone is the familiar 3210080/111/115 belt for something that I can not remember the number of, I want to say 177. Price is also coming in at $280 retail CDN for that belt

I will be diving into a full disection tomorrow in the garage. Will report my findings

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
spent about 3 hours digging around on that Pro S this afternoon. This is what else I have found

They did a better job of blocking off the front end around the nose cone, should limit the amount of snow coming in there.

I compared the ski rubbers to the Pro R switchback. It takes much more effort to fold the ski vertically compared to the 12 in the garage. This could be from wear, or breakdown of the rubber, or it could just be a different better rubber. I didn't have time to remove a ski and find out for sure

There is no way to change plugs with the hood on. But it comes off easily Airbox may also have to be removed not alot of room there period

The belt holder is better and more functional

Did find out that the Fuel guage wasn't working, and the lights won't change from dim to bright. Called the dealer and they have 2 other sleds with these issues.... not sure yet what thats all about. Starting another thread on this topic I imagine someone else has seen these issues

Premium Features