• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for some turbo info

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
looking to put a turbo 0n my 17 / 165 850.. looking fpr spme pros n Cons Between Silber and Mpi turbos , pretty much looking for one that is hassle free ,,, Thanks

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
As everyone knows I work for Silber. If you have any questions about how the kit works, email me at Jeff@silberturbos.com or call 9702190258.

If you are around the Tetons you are welcome to take my sled out for a spin (when it snows that is)

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Turbo Info

We have two MPI kits on a 17-165 and an 18-175. Both sleds have the 200 HP kits, proper install, correct octane and clutching for your elevation are vital to making any Turbo 850 kit run like it was designed. With both turbo builders having two full seasons to clutch and tune there kits you should be good no matter which kit you decide to buy.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
If you want hassle free, keep it stock! :face-icon-small-con

Chadly isn't wrong. The MPI kit is full of hassles ;)

Kidding aside there are kits that have few hassles, and kits that have more hassles.

Silber = app based reflash. We can read codes and even troubleshoot anything that may be wrong remotely (which is usually an OEM problem).

Fueling is dynamic, unlike anything else out there.

No box. Pull the rope. Go ride. Just make sure your clutching and octane are on point and its as hassle free as a stock sled.

I am a consultant, wouldn't run the product if it sucked. Simple as that.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hassle free a stock sled? I like to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes but I'm pretty skeptical about that statement.

What about Boondocker?

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
Knowing that modifying any stock sled will cause issues, I went Silber last year. So clean with the reflash, I tried a few other turbos during the year, all very powerful but not the same response.... the bottom end was always impressive. Not saying piggyback is a bad option, every dealer who touched my sled last year flashed it, even when told them not to. So I did have some down time, at the end of the year I did have to replace the airbox(melted) but that's my fault for having too much fun and not letting her cool. Next year, app based flashing and venting will cure my "issues", can't wait!!

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
Turbo Performance

I picked up a turbo last year for my 2017 850 from Bryce at Turbo Performance and it absolutely rips.
Tons of horsepower and great throttle response.
Getting my suspension dialed in this year.
https://youtu.be/aDiKFsR9gBY

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Put quite a few miles on Silber g4... I like the power delivery and performance so much it makes me want to ride a DOO, which if you knew me is saying something.

The performance is top notch, and the power delivery and rideability is like no other sled I have rode. Nice smooth delivery out of the hole making it very easy to pick your way along in slow technical terrain and a flawless transition into the top end and all the boosted glory!

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
MTNTK just released a turbo for the 850 that will definitely be worth looking at. They make quality kits with the best customer support around.

Premium Features