• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best weights for the 800

F
Jan 2, 2013
Hi. My brother has a 17 sks 155 with the 2.4 i believe, looking for best adjustable weights. He likes to climb when he is out west, i suggested mds weights since i run them in a proclimb and like them.

Im not sure which weights Polaris guys tend to like the most.

Thanks for any info.

Jeff

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The slp magnum force weights are working great for me.

Adjustable from outside the clutch.
Less than a minute on the hill.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
CPC’s turbo mags or I T’s
Dalton’s
Both are set screw style and easiest to change without taking belt off or moving clutch sheave in . Just my experience

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I think the slp magnums are better than daltons, both setscrew adjustable style.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
PRO-MAG WEIGHTS

our PRO-MAG weights are adjustable from 52-68 grams. The have the 10 series profile. We make them right here in Minnesota, the work great and have an excellent price too at only $129.95 per set.

Each magnet weights 1.3 grams for easy tuning.

We also have them available 64-80 and 78-90 gram.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=335&controller=product

Attachments

• ssipolarisweights.jpg
    ssipolarisweights.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 57
F
Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for the replys, will he need to change springs as well? Or does polaris set them up with good springs and helix from factory?

I had been considering the pro mags, not sure what weight is used outwest mostly?

If we could run the middle range ones that would be great so they could be used at low elevation as well

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the replys, will he need to change springs as well? Or does polaris set them up with good springs and helix from factory?

I had been considering the pro mags, not sure what weight is used outwest mostly?

If we could run the middle range ones that would be great so they could be used at low elevation as well

We suggest our 125-310 green primary spring or our 140-310 red if you want the engagement to be above 4000 rpm.

You can use the 52-68 gram versions and run them full at 68 grams at low elevations. Then lighten up to about 60 grams in the mtns depending on the elevation.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Sales of Our Mountain adjustable weights and our Turbo 3 weights have been off the charts last season.

We have 3 new weights for the 850 to capitalize on the low end torque of the new motor.

Patriot Trail
Patriot Mountain
Patriot Turbo

3 completely different weights that will pull harder from top to bottom then any other weight on the market or your money back.

Dan

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I have Indy specialty weights and mountain 3 helix and never had a sled this good on belts. Very happy.

Premium Features