• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New sleds are on the Polaris website

iquizy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
NWMN
From the pro 3" to the assault 3" why wouldn't you just go with the assault it comes with the piggy back shocks already and there is no difference now since its chaincase correct or am I wrong?

The assault is wider and beefed up a little

B

byoshovel

Dec 20, 2007
I knew when they announced that the 2016's were coming with 2.86 pitch 7th drivers there was a reason now its clear. If you want to run a 3" track now it will have to be a polaris track unless you d&r......why you ask well by going to the smallest driver size you can run i really doubt that sizing up to a 3" pitch 7th and a 3" track will fit anymore. Soo if you want to run a 3" now looks likeyou have to run polaris track as they are the only one with a 3" 2.86........ and a chaincase now! I have a '13 with a 3" and i cannot believe that polaris efft this up this bad. Maybe the 3" option should come with trailing arms too!

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I knew when they announced that the 2016's were coming with 2.86 pitch 7th drivers there was a reason now its clear. If you want to run a 3" track now it will have to be a polaris track unless you d&r......why you ask well by going to the smallest driver size you can run i really doubt that sizing up to a 3" pitch 7th and a 3" track will fit anymore. Soo if you want to run a 3" now looks likeyou have to run polaris track as they are the only one with a 3" 2.86........ and a chaincase now! I have a '13 with a 3" and i cannot believe that polaris efft this up this bad. Maybe the 3" option should come with trailing arms too!

Not quite sure what you're getting at, but the Polaris 3"track has 3.0"pitch, the 2.6" is the 2.86"pitch

B

byoshovel

Dec 20, 2007
Not quite sure what you're getting at, but the Polaris 3"track has 3.0"pitch, the 2.6" is the 2.86"pitch

I hope this is true, but still stuck with a chaincase if you want the 3" track, you cant even buy the regular 2.6" and upgrade the track because they are using a 7th driver and unless they make a 6th 3 pitch driver there will not be room i am thinking. I hope i am missing something.

m7extreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
For that price I'll take two!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 32

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Well, this release is undoubtedly quite a stable. However, it makes me feel really good about my '15 Std RMK 163 LE I snow checked last year. While the '15s and older have taken a price hit with the release of the Axys, the increased MSRP on the '16s will no doubt help boost the used market price back up. No way could I justify paying $15k otd for a sled yet....maybe in a few years though!

F

fullboredragon

Mar 24, 2009
looks to me like you can get the HO motor in the pro or sks,

the sks is chain with bulkhead cooler.

Pro has the $28 mod and belt drive, sks is only a 155,

163 is pro only and 3" is chain dive only

Premium Features