• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

steering post upgrade

C
Aug 6, 2012
alberta
was looking into doing the C3 relocate kit as well as their straight steering post, sounds like it works great but is quite a bit of work. was told today that simply swapping to the 2011 steering post will do the same for my handling and is a fraction of the work and cost. any input?

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
You have to do more than a post swap for an improvement. You need the freeride front triangle for it to be any different besides the tiny bit easier steering. I guess it's an upgrade but not worth it IMO. Freeride post and front triangle and you got something. It's almost as much as the c3 but you don't have to cut your plastics.

Last edited:

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
i just did a post forward on my 09,used a pyramid and post from a 2011 ..600rs,fits perfect and it moves the post 2 inch forward...if you do the c3 straight post and have a ptek you will have to heat up your airbox and mold it to fit the post without rubbing,and from what ive read its a buggar to do..removing the old pyramid is very easy,and use nut and bolt to put back,im glad i did this as any future engine work will only take a few mins to remove pyramid to make it so much easier to work on

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
518326972 - Front Pyramid

The arrow is what is different. Pushes the steering post forward. No trimming plastics. Same as freeride steering.

freeridepost.jpg

506152478 - Steering post
506152476 - New pad that has the right hole where the post comes through the plastics

freeridepyrimid-1.jpg

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
i used 518326273-pyramid frame
506152478-post
506152293-upper post bushingx2

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
just a side note so there is no confusion..i used a different pt number for the pyramid than what was posted for the freeride...the difference is the freeride pyramid lets you use your stock bushing on the upper part of the post...i picked up a pryamid from a race sled so i needed a different bushing as the stock one wont fit properly without grinding..either way its the exact same part with the exception of bushing size

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
So, just so there is no confusion, I can get parts 61...26....and 31 and convert my 09 to a post forward design with my 10" risers and I dont need any after market kits and no bending or fabricating or plastics mods?

61 = BRP part # 506152476 = $7.49
31 = " " # 506152478 = $192.49
26 = " " # 518325115 = $299.99

Grand total = $499.97

Is this cost comparable to all the after market costs?

Last edited:

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Those parts should work for you. I didn't realize it was that much. A c3 kits around $100 and you still need a new freeride post though.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I did the C3 post thing. All you need is the $90 kit, heat and patience. If you buy their steering post you just need the kit and their post. No heat and no patience required. Confirm with C3 when you order though. BTW, I really like the mod.
Wade

D

drunkbilly

Nov 17, 2010
I highly recomend the c3 kit, its an adjustment that the xp needs in my opinion. it takes a little patience to put in like mentioned before me but very very worth it and its really actually not that hard to put in I did two more for buddies after i did mine and the therd one only took a couple hours.

pointers 1 - get that airbox hot like melting hot and then shape the path for the steering post with a piece of plastic pipe or something, if you do it this way it will take 5 minutes

2 - i went with the freeride psot because i wanted to change to the new geometry for easier steering so thats what i did but you can just as easily cut your post and weld in a strait section that way you can adjust the length of your post to exactly what you want instead of buying a different sized bar rizer. or you can just buy the c3 one.

its very easy and really not that expensive and its by far the best mod for the xp thank c3

D
Jun 28, 2012
Northern Utah
I highly recomend the c3 kit, its an adjustment that the xp needs in my opinion. it takes a little patience to put in like mentioned before me but very very worth it and its really actually not that hard to put in I did two more for buddies after i did mine and the therd one only took a couple hours.

pointers 1 - get that airbox hot like melting hot and then shape the path for the steering post with a piece of plastic pipe or something, if you do it this way it will take 5 minutes

2 - i went with the freeride psot because i wanted to change to the new geometry for easier steering so thats what i did but you can just as easily cut your post and weld in a strait section that way you can adjust the length of your post to exactly what you want instead of buying a different sized bar rizer. or you can just buy the c3 one.

its very easy and really not that expensive and its by far the best mod for the xp thank c3

X2
I too did the c3 kit. It was only $90 plus shipping. So make it an even $100. I didn't buy a post. I carefully heated mine up and straightened it out. By doing that I naturally got a taller steering. I did have to melt my air box a bit, but this was really easy with a heat gun and a 3" pipe. So apart from being way cheaper than the freeride method it also pushed the post further forward for even more leverage. I believe the freeride pushes the post about two inches forward, and the c3 kit pushes it 3" forward. I love my setup. Makes side hilling and boondocking easier. So if you are concerned with price, buy the c3 kit. If you are concerned with looks buy the freeride solution (although I personally like the way my c3 kit looks).

Premium Features