• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to retire in PNW

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Looking for places to retire in the PNW requirements:
1. Place to ride duh! Travel time 1 hour or under.
2. Place to waterski I know old school. Travel time 1 hour or under.
3. Would be nice to be on a lake.
4. 500k or less I don't want a mortgage.

Looking for suggestions

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I have a great place on Lake Roosevelt at Kettle Falls. 20 steps to the beach. Lake Roosevelt is 80,000+ acres of water surface and 660 miles of shoreline. 1 hour to great riding in BC and less than that to lots of great Colville National Forest options. There is literally every recreation possible from this location. Kettle Falls is about 1500 people and Colville 15 minutes away is the Stevens County seat. The Kettle Crest and Sherman mountain range is right out the back door. My place is surrounded by the Sherman Creek Game Range. Shoot me a message is you want details. Good luck on your search. EW

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Would taxes be better just over the border into IDAHO north of HWY 90.

Lots of sledders I know here in SOCAL moved to the area north of the 90 in IDAHO with driving distance to SPOKANE.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Flathead Valley in Montana or the surrounding areas. There are a ton of lakes for water skiiing and mountains in every direction.

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
Forget Kalispell, to many gates and greenies. Limited snowmobiling and constantly dwindling areas, overcrowded camping and non existing ATV areas. Look at McCall ID, wide open sledding and a beautiful area. I have lived in Kalispell for more than 50 years and McCall is where we go for sledding every year. Summertime we also go to ID for ATV rides and camping.
My personal experience is Idaho is more welcoming toward motorsports such as snowmobiles and ATV's, I think they like the income RV type folks are accustom to spending. It's to the point where we will buy fuel, lodging, groceries, snowmobiles, ATV's, trailers etc in ID.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
My choice would be Island Park Idaho.
Off topic, are the property taxes generally high in Washington state? How about Idaho?

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Forget Kalispell, to many gates and greenies. Limited snowmobiling and constantly dwindling areas, overcrowded camping and non existing ATV areas. Look at McCall ID, wide open sledding and a beautiful area. I have lived in Kalispell for more than 50 years and McCall is where we go for sledding every year. Summertime we also go to ID for ATV rides and camping.
My personal experience is Idaho is more welcoming toward motorsports such as snowmobiles and ATV's, I think they like the income RV type folks are accustom to spending. It's to the point where we will buy fuel, lodging, groceries, snowmobiles, ATV's, trailers etc in ID.

Although I have only lived here 5 years, I disagree. Plus Revelstoke is only 7hrs north, Golden is 5 hrs, Fernie 2 hrs etc. If you want the best riding on Earth, head North.

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
This is a great thread. I plan early partial retirement in 10 years and am planning on heading west. Just not sure where. Was thinking Wyoming myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
i'm biased because i live here....but coeur d'alene, idaho....

lake....check
mountains....check
snow.....check
golf.....check
pretty ladies....check
housing.....check
wanting to find a good paying job.....not a check
dealerships around for toys...check
camping...check
ski resorts....check
atv/summer riding....check
fishing....check

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
i'm biased because i live here....but coeur d'alene, idaho....

lake....check
mountains....check
snow.....check
golf.....check
pretty ladies....check
housing.....check
wanting to find a good paying job.....not a check
dealerships around for toys...check
camping...check
ski resorts....check
atv/summer riding....check
fishing....check

Close to Spokane! UNcheck. Lol

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Looking for places to retire in the PNW requirements:
1. Place to ride duh! Travel time 1 hour or under.
2. Place to waterski I know old school. Travel time 1 hour or under.
3. Would be nice to be on a lake.
4. 500k or less I don't want a mortgage.

Looking for suggestions
Lynden, Washington. Old school, small town. Cheap homes. Sled at Mt baker. 45 minutes. Boat at any lake or in the ocean. Quiet.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
Lynden, Washington. Old school, small town. Cheap homes. Sled at Mt baker. 45 minutes. Boat at any lake or in the ocean. Quiet.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Cheap? As compared to where, San Fransisco?

Premium Features