• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

lost gauges lights and bogs

G
Dec 23, 2009
Gig Harbor WA
2009 dragon 800 lost gauges light and bog/misses but still runs. It seem that if it sets for a while it sometimes works properly. I have replaced VR and it seemed to fix it but first ride it started acting up again. What should be my next step.

G
Dec 23, 2009
Gig Harbor WA
Thanks for the reply. I will be trying to figure this thing out this weekend instead of riding. It always starts but sometimes no gauges or lights and it seems to have about half throttle if you role it on slow then it will miss and putter after half throttle. If when I start it and gauges come on with headlight it will run perfectly until it is shut off then you never know if it will start up with gauges and lights and a miss.

G
Dec 23, 2009
Gig Harbor WA
received new vr and installed did not fix the problem no change any thoughts on ECU. I am thinking of buying off ebay new will need reflashed. I do not even know if it will fix it any help you be great.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
If it's used don't even think about it .
If the stator is bad it will take out the VR which also causes a lot of other failures .
The rule of thumb is when you replace one you replace the other too .
You have to test the electrical , guessing isn't going to fix it .

I'm sure Polaris will be more than happy to take your money .

Premium Features