• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to take 20 lbs off the back of your Edge

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Dries?

Does it dry clear?

Do you apply annually to maintain or does it last longer than that?

Do you pull the skid to apply it to the skid frame and the inside of the tunnel?

We have a Yamaha Apex XTX (144) and it's terrible for snow accumulation on the skid.

Thanks.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
"For best results, apply after each snow storm".

That statement from the manufacturer tells me it isn't very long lasting.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
It's pretty inexpensive and leaves a film that only comes off your fingers with a little scrubbing. That film likely prevents the adhesion of the snow. The impact of the snow likely wears it down. I only taped over my cooler before applying it on as much tunnel surface as I could reach with the spray. It dries clear but has that film. Takes no more than 60 seconds to apply so it is well worth the time and money. The snow falls off after a jounce or two and everywhere in your tunnel that you sprayed, will be clean of snow. It does not help to spray any part of the suspension, that I noticed.

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
In my experience, none of those paints, films, etc., really work. I did read an article years ago that said that carbon fiber worked, never tried it though.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I guarantee that this film works on the inside of the tunnel for one ride, and then you simply spray another coat on.

Premium Features