• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What bike do you have setup as a snowbike?

What bike are you using your snowbike kit on?

• Total voters

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I noticed there isn't a lot of people riding hondas. Is there a reason for that? I'm becoming more and more interested in snow bikes and have always rode honda dirt bikes. I'm not a honda loyalist by any means, just curious. I think if I were to build a snow bike I'd go with ktm.

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
KTM950

It is a european kit for shure. Because I have built it my self. :) The spindle is a venture spindle wich I made a notch and welded a tube and a strut on.

Excellent!! I enjoy seeing creative ideas put to test in the real world.

So how does the 950 work, can you utilize the big KTM power? Does it shift alright? What track did you go with?

T
Nov 23, 2012
I have posted this data in the http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352628
thread but here it comes again.

I've been running a 2.86 pitch 137 by 16" Ripsaw with 1,25" luggs and a cross country with 1,75" luggs on my Super Enduro 950R. The Ripsaw had a rather high but still working 16-20/17-17 gearing wich gave a 17.8" roll out. It never reached the revstop and got up to just over 80mph. When I put the Cross country track on I decided to try a lower 16-20/15/17 gearing wich gave a 15.8" roll out and a top speed of 76 mph easily reaching the revstop. This season I will try something in between on my new "ufo/TEDEsled/Hans Hjort Evo 2" kit. I'll be driving a 2.52 pitch 120 by 16" cross country with 1,75" luggs with a 16-21/21-21 gearing resulting in just under 17" of roll out and a top speed of about 80mph. If it hits the revstop too easily I can allways try a 17 tooth sprocket on the engine witch should give an probably unreachable top speed of about 86mph :) :face-icon-small-ton

Here's a couple of vids as well...

This is a nice little movie made by a friend of mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdsSXxo8Haw

This is a test run after modifying carbides.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OE-CVBGin8

And finally my first try in the woods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHp87rICKY8

Enjoy!:face-icon-small-coo

Hjortens 950 R Snow-1 small.jpg

T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I would like to make sure we have all the bikes covered with light kits.
I have a pretty good feeling what works well, but that might not transfer into what guys are actually riding.
What bike do you have your snowbike based on?

I'm getting my 2011 Yz450 ready for the snow, it's my first Timbersled. I'm trying to wire heated grips which I'm going to try to get power from my tuner plug in. Would wiring in a headlight as well be to much for the stator to handle? I really like the looks of your penetrator 600 series.

Thanks,

B
Feb 4, 2013
Whitecourt, Alberta
I used 2 LED "dually" flood lights from rigid industries on my 2011 yz450f. seemed to use hardly any power and tapped into the fuel tuner plug like you are saying. before that, I had two 55w halogens and it wouldnt start very easily if I left the switch on, but once it was running it had no problems.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I'm getting my 2011 Yz450 ready for the snow, it's my first Timbersled. I'm trying to wire heated grips which I'm going to try to get power from my tuner plug in. Would wiring in a headlight as well be to much for the stator to handle? I really like the looks of your penetrator 600 series.

Thanks,

Sorry I missed this
Our 600 is a plug and play for the FI YZ. In fact we now have kits for all the EFI bikes.
They come complete with everything you need and will outshine any compact LED on the market.

My own 2009 RMZ450 and my father on the 2012 KTM350.

Been getting pounded by snow out here!!! It's header deep everywhere....

DSC05285a_zps2457b591.jpg

Premium Features