• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 D8 leans to left all the time!!

Does Your D8 lean to the left

• Total voters
S
Jan 19, 2008
middle earth (WYO)
Any one have a fix for the 08 D8 slumping left side front suspension ?? never crashed,dealor and factory looked at it and said not shure. shock rebuild no help!! Buddy has same thing on his. will not go to rhe right in powder and dives or rolls in slow right turns (Rolls to Left) and turns left tike a normal sled. remove sway bar?? then what?? sat level at dealor wile the had motor out to replace the ****ty factory crank (813 Miles).

Jeff95

Premium Member
Jan 11, 2009
Terrebonne, Oregon
My is the same!
I put 235lb's in left and 210lbs in right to help.
If you push down in the middle in front and release the left sags by about 1/2".
I gave up on tring to get level.

Jeff

P

pokey76

Nov 9, 2009
Prince George B.C.
09 800 Dragon

Did you ever find a fix for the left diving? My 09 does the same. Had it to dealer, shock rebuilt ect. Still does it.Still can't figure it out.

J

joe julkowski

Nov 11, 2008
Cook MN.
I no longer own the sled but mine had me going crazzy. What I found by pulling the primary clutch off the two aluminim parts that should have been tight it seemed to be opening up. Dont know the cause but was the only thing that was not right that I could find. just my two cents

X

xltdale

Dec 8, 2009
09 d8

Mine is doing the exact same thing. walker evan shocks and battery on left part of the problem?

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
I have seen this on almost every sled ive owned in the past. Set your sled on a solid surface and lift the front off the ground. Set it back slowly as if your tring to get the most clearance for the front. Grab the bumper from the front with both hands and lift the suspension up and down just a couple inches. you will be able to tell you have a weak shock by one side shrugging more then the other. this will cause the front to dive and poor handling. If you are having problems with this on just the Walker Evans floats i say trash them and get some Ride FX shocks or upgrade to the coilover WE. Everyone that i know that has a dragon has problems with there WE's shocks. I have had Fox Floats on my iqr and have this problem when air leaks out of the chambers but its an easy fix with there air pump tool.

S
Jan 19, 2008
middle earth (WYO)
the dealer took the sled apart (and friends too) last summer and measured everything could not find any miss mount or anything. they said sway bar was 1/2 in longer on one end than the other. sounded like bull to me. as for it being the shocks we tried switching sides and no change! not getting new shacks with out knowing it will fix the problem!! I got money because I don't piss it away by throwing parts like a poor mechanic does.:face-icon-small-hap

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
Last week I nailed a rock and bent an A-arm. It buckled it right down by the spindle. The sled was able to travel, but it pulled to one side something fierce and leans that way to. Is it possible that you have an ever so slight tweek in the arm causing it to tilt? This might not be the case, but it might be worth looking into

R
Dec 9, 2007
Blackie, Alberta
I noticed the same problem with mine after I installed e-start and slp pipe and can. Lost weight on the right by adding slp can and added weight to the left side by adding the battery. Added 20 more psi to the left shock than the right and last weekend was the 1st ride like that and it rode level. Sway bar still installed.
08D8 155 1800miles

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
I had a similar problem on my 08 D8, took it in to have the shocks rebuilt and they had to do it several times the problem was the the hole where the oil transfers had the drill bit broken of inside of it and the hole was never completely drilled. so one side was stiff and one side was soft. the funny thing was that they kept thinking it was the side that was soft to be the problem when it was the stiff side that wasn't working correctly.

H
Dec 7, 2007
Burns
Try this. Lift the rear grab bar until the track comes of the ground. Watch the front level out when it clears. This tells me the tunnel is not aligned with the bulkhead. I thought it was just my dragon. Maybe they had a bad jig at the factory.

BTW, most sleds are heavier on the left side because of the clutches, and they shift the motor to the left so the driven clutch will clear the tunnel.

S
Jan 19, 2008
middle earth (WYO)
friend just texted and said his sled leans to left even on work stand. polaris rep that looked at our sleds said that it was not factory problem. but in 08 looks like there are a lot of us with f'd up tunnels or something. the guy who puts up all the polls should do one for this. so we could get some numbers to go on. looks like manufacturer defect to me.

S
Jan 19, 2008
middle earth (WYO)
Try this. Lift the rear grab bar until the track comes of the ground. Watch the front level out when it clears. This tells me the tunnel is not aligned with the bulkhead. I thought it was just my dragon. Maybe they had a bad jig at the factory.

BTW, most sleds are heavier on the left side because of the clutches, and they shift the motor to the left so the driven clutch will clear the tunnel.

friend thinks samething. yousr an 08??

A
Mar 22, 2009
My assault has done the same thing since the day I got it brandy new always thought it was a little weird but don't notice it when I ride.

S
Jan 19, 2008
middle earth (WYO)
road snowies last weekend with shocks just refilled and it feels like right side is stacked up stiff. and will rollover in anything but 5mph right turn. this sled is almost impossible to side hill to the right. and pulls left of the trail. I would agree that it is a tunnel to bulk head missalignment. but why should we have to fix a manufacturer defect? how many 08 D8s have this problem?? SOMEONE NEEDS TO START A POLL!! POLARIS should fix this!!

Premium Features