• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DREAM TRAILER: 2019 Mirage project trailer

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Caliber makes a nice product for this too. Edge Glide 2.0
Kinda Sorta

51Cvw0Opy9L._SX425_.jpg

I like the Caliber Products and plan on doing a FULL install of their gear on next year's trailer. But I am not sure the Edge Guide is really what we are looking for on the door HINGED. They work GREAT on the trailing edge of the door where it hits the ground!

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
I haven't installed the 2.0's yet but have them sitting in my trailer. If you haven't seen them yet, They are an upgraded version of the edge glides, they look like they are going to be perfect for the door hinge.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just a heads up.

The season is pretty much over with for me, so the trailer will be going up for sale just as soon as I speak with Mirage and set a price for it.

Because this trailer arrived middle of the season it got less wear and tear than normal. Less than 10 pulls for the season.

It was also hands down the LEAST problematic of any trailer they have supplied us thus far.

My comment list back to Mirage is TINY this year.

The ONLY significant issue we had, if you can really even call it significant, was snow penetration where the wheel well mates up with the floor from highway towing. Just needs a little black caulking to solve this issue.

Hands down THE BEST UNIT they have delivered to us so far!

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
What did you ever find out about the axles, 3500lb axles or 6K? Does it have a shore power outlet to run a generator?

Is there room to install another 1 or 2 cabinets like the one installed, either same side or driver side? It needs more cabinet space IMO.

What is on drivers side behind side door, looks like a mirror...I must be seeing things.

I am interested in this trailer. If not I have a new Mission spec'd out to be built this summer.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Also is height 7’, width 8.5’? I don’t see these details on build sheet.

Price shown on build sheet, 26K ish assume that is the price you paid for it.....we’ll net price that anyone but you would have paid for it:). Not MSRP in other words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What did you ever find out about the axles, 3500lb axles or 6K? Does it have a shore power outlet to run a generator?

Is there room to install another 1 or 2 cabinets like the one installed, either same side or driver side? It needs more cabinet space IMO.

What is on drivers side behind side door, looks like a mirror...I must be seeing things.

I am interested in this trailer. If not I have a new Mission spec'd out to be built this summer.

Trailer includes Shore Power cable.
It was coiled up nicely in one of the cabinets and I didn't see it when we took possession of the trailer.

You could absolutely install more cabinets OVER the fold down couch if you wanted to all the way to the rear of the trailer.

It IS their Mirror.

Didn't the final invoice spec out the Axles?

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Trailer includes Shore Power cable.
It was coiled up nicely in one of the cabinets and I didn't see it when we took possession of the trailer.

You could absolutely install more cabinets OVER the fold down couch if you wanted to all the way to the rear of the trailer.

It IS their Mirror.

Didn't the final invoice spec out the Axles?

I don't see that the build sheet shows any detail about the axles thus why I asked. I also don't see details about interior height/width. Assume 5200lb axles, 8.5 interior width and 7' interior height but I would not take a run at buying this trailer without having these details.

I'm struggling with the steel frame for sure. Also struggling with the reviews I'm finding on Mirage. And that mirror, WTF.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
5,300Lb axles.
The same as all of the trailers have been every year.
Thought I had posted this photo months ago?

57e7448debcdc21714ca414f53aaf13c.jpg

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I also don't see details about interior height/width

87 inches, floor to ceiling, center-line in the trailer, measured with a tape.

Every trailer they have made for us has been the same interior height.
This is to accommodate UTVs in the summer.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm struggling with the steel frame for sure. Also struggling with the reviews I'm finding on Mirage. And that mirror, WTF.

The Steel Frame.
We have discussed this with Mirage year after year.
We have suggested that the trailer would do better with a undercoating or heavy paint or spray liner ect..

Their reply has always been that it is only cosmetic and doesn't effect long term use of the trailer. The steel develops surface rust and so long as it gets WASHED from time to time it will provide many long years of service.

In MY HUMBLE OPINION...
I think it might be worth the time and effort to clean up the frame and prep it for being sprayed with something like LINEX or RHINO lining. Or even one the HAND APPLIED substitutes if you live in an area that has SERIOUS chemical treatments on the road surfaces AND you are unable to ever get any fresh water on the underside of your trailer for cleaning purposes, IE A POWERWASH WAND.

I think you could easily treat the underframe with something like this on a Saturday afternoon if it really troubles you.

4YLD2_AS01

Or have the whole undercarriage sandblasted and professionally sprayed.
NOT MANY PEOPLE go that route, but its an option.

Mirage advises AGAINST THIS, as it will generate WATER RETENTION ISSUES on the floor of the trailer be sealing all of the drain joints between the floor panels.

They intend their waterproof floor to LEAK to allow water to easily get OUT of the trailer. Fully sealing the undercarriage of the trailer will STOP that natural Leakage/drainage. So long as you take the time to MANUALLY DRY out the trailer and vent out all the internal water/snow/ice it should be OK. But if you fail to do that on a regular basis you are going to generate a LOT of internal humidity in the trailer body.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Rust proofing that trailer really needed to be done when new. I've researched the steel vs aluminum topic a bunch more and I can't get past the maintenance/resale etc of steel. I'm out. Love your trailer but it's clear to me that Mirage is differentiating in the market with lower cost due to using steel. I think I will spend the additional money now and build an all aluminum (going with Mission).

If mirage would sell an aluminum framed trailer decked out the way they deck out the steel frame trailer they could do very well in the market. Based on my research no one has all the options as easily configurable as Mirage does. You are in a great spot, you get a new one every year before they rust so you don't have to worry about it:)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The frame is 100% rusted by the time I drive it home from Boise to Idaho falls. The surface rust is simply a non issue to mirage and I suppose the sheer volume of trailers they sell stands as a testament that they are right.

But yes I would agree.
If you are going to attempt to rust proof it, I would take delivery of a brand new trailer on a hot dry sunny day and pull it directly to the spray shop and have it done immediately.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I am pulling a steel trailer right now. Just finished the 4th season with it. The rust makes me crazy. I have ground and repainted the painted surfaces on the doors and hitch a couple of times, and will again this summer, but I see no sign of anything structural at all. Will it eventually get to that point???

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Having never been around a trailer with a furnace and hoping to purchase one in the next year, I want to bump this back to the top. I'm looking at this same trailer except only with the high mark package. Does the furnace actually DRY OUT gear overnight? My current trailer, I've installed a big buddy heater and you can leave it on all night. Yes, it melts all the snow and gets the trailer WARM, but in now way can you dry gear out over night. Is it much different with a furnace that has air movement? We hate having to drag stinky dirty clothes in from the trailer to dry them out. Sure would be nice to park it outside the house and leave the furnace on, coming out to nice dry gear the next day. Thoughts? Wishful thinking with that much snow in the sleds?

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Yes it does. I own this trailer now and had a 29’ Aluma before with the same furnace. This furnace pulls outside air in and pushes the exhaust back out.....same furnace as those installed in RV’s.

Having heat to change gear is greAt but just as great not to have to drag all gear to hotel room at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
We also dry all our gear in my trailer at night. I find a small extra fan helps tremendously. Just a little extra air movement makes a big difference. I have installed the old school 12v trucker vans that I use when I am not running the Gen.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Premium Features