• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 pricing

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
That, plus they are losing market share BIG TIME to Polaris and Doo, so they don't really have a choice but to lower prices to try to attract buyers to their brand. Teaming up with Yamaha was the biggest mistake Cat did. It was a last gasp effort for Yammi to have a viable mountain sled, and that fell flat. Pretty much ruined Yammi, and Cat is headed down the same road. Was the alpha Cat's last gasp . . ? Time will tell :)
Your posts are comical.

I was quoted like $1400 under msrp for a 155” with colored rails and tunnel. Price doesn’t look to bad after figuring in the “coupons” from Poo. We pay sales tax when we title the sled in SD no matter where we buy it. 4.5% I think.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I thought 2 years was what used to be standard?

Pretty much always been 1 or 2 years for cat. You could have gotten 4 on a snowcheck last year.
Anyway, I got quoted $13,500 for a 2.6 Khaos, std gage and no powder coating. Utah sales tax added on to that price.

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Not true. I know this well and live in Idaho. One can buy a sled, or any vehicle, in a no-tax state, such as Oregon, but you will have to pay the sales tax when you title and register it. For Idaho, it's 6%.

You can try to buy in Oregon and register it there...but only if you live there. If you don't live there and list an address there to avoid taxes, you risk a felony.

Tax man is gonna get ya.

BTW...sled prices are getting out of hand...I'm glad to see AC working to reduce them.

Work around here is have your wife or friend "buy" it for Oregon, than "sell" it to you for "$100" and register in WA. Been there done that more or less. Not legal either, but less illegal.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
155 khaos red x2.6 raw tunnel and rails..$17500 cdn OTD
comes with spare drive belt and jug of oil...4yr warranty

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The last time I "registered" a sled was 2002. Buy new out of state, then dont register it. You still get the MSO from the dealer, which is basically the title to the sled until its registered.
Then when you sell it or trade it in you just sign the MSO.
As for riding, you just buy the normal stickers for what ever states your going to ride in.
The only catch is you cant have a bank loan if your going to go this route.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Also curious what people think 3 extra years of warranty is worth?
At least $1k

If you ride sleds, they break, pretty much the name of the game and dumb little things add up $ wise so having that extra warranty is a big deal. Especially if you buy new and plan on owning for all 4 years, I'd say it EASILY increases the value by $2k. When you sell it off you won't get that in resale, but it definitely helps thats for sure.

Go see what sleds that get funneled through the race depts get sold for, you see things up for sale at LEAST 1k under regular used prices are because of no warranty.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I believe Polaris values an extra year of warranty at $500 - as seems like just recently there was a $500 rebate being offered, OR an extra year of warranty; but this was on the 800.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Your posts are comical.

I was quoted like $1400 under msrp for a 155” with colored rails and tunnel. Price doesn’t look to bad after figuring in the “coupons” from Poo. We pay sales tax when we title the sled in SD no matter where we buy it. 4.5% I think.

3% tax on sleds in SD

R
Mar 21, 2017
RMK KHAOS
Manual Start
Plum Side Panels, painted tunnel and rails
PIDD Gauge
$13,490 ($14,446 OTD) This is in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (Marquette)

R

R3bu

Dec 11, 2014
850 155 2.6
Painted Tunnel and Rails
Manual Start
Standard shocks
Standard gauge
$14,386 OTD

Premium Features