• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More options for the 2020 Khaos 850 RMK

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Nick, glad you had a chance to ride one. That’s awesome.

Wonder how a few dealers have the opportunity to demo 2020 offerings. The rest of the nations dealers didn’t. I believe snowcheck numbers would increase if Polaris had an early release dealer demo program. The mom and pop stores that sell 30 sleds a year need Polaris to step up their game. Polaris needs to support them also, not just those with mega sales. The mom and pop stores were their bread and butter. Now they are left out.

Every dealer has the option to secure a demo sled from Polaris. Its on the dealer if they dont do it. (Liability, cost, etc). You can then sign up with the dealer to take the sled (insurance, liability waivers, etc). Most dealers keep the demos for themselves to ride as personal sleds. Or they lend them out to user groups (Utah Avalanche Center for example). These sleds are not typically early release though and are usually in season models. Early season sleds go to clinics, magazines, aftermarket companies, and other sales reps who usually have a list of people waiting to ride them. Have your local dealer contact their DSM and see when you can get the demo sled in your hands. Its not the best way to get people out there on them, if you can ride mid week you have a pretty good chance at securing a ride on one.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Can I install a Kaos limiter strap to my 18 163? Making it a touch more playful?

Im not sure because I haven't done it on that sled. Part of the Khaos is the change in front of the rail geometry that is tipped up changing the attack angle and the longer FTS besides the longer straps. If you did just put longer limiter straps on, you might want to add a 2 wheel anti stab kit that would help protect the front of your track. Like this one from Ice Age:http://www.iceageperformance.com/lig...stab-kits.html This would still leave the front of your rails at risk taking direct hits from rocks, stumps etc.
You should also check your stock front track shock length so you don't overextend it. If needed you could call one of the shock places like Steve Dey that has replaced the shafts and rebuilt some of mine at 651-430-9642. Carls cycles has also done many of mine.
Personally I would be worried that about the stock rails being extended to far down in the front.
Someone on here has probably done it and can give 1st hand advice

Last edited:
Premium Features