• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GGB new Quiet can

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Good to see another quiet can, wish someone would make one for the EDGE (I know, not going to happen). I will never run a loud can on my sled; I have a SLP can I took off because it was too loud, and I've heard it's the quietest aftermarket can for my sled.

Even if you're exceptionally lucky and have somewhere to ride with absolutely no one around, you still have your own hearing to worry about. I've been flying for 12 years now and using ear plugs and/or muffs on a daily basis the whole time, so I have a pretty good feel for potentially damaging noise levels. I felt like I needed hearing protection on my sled with a (supposedly) quiet can. I'm not going to put up with that, even if it means running a heavy stock can. My hearing checks out every time, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Companies will sell whatever people are buying, and I'd ask why people are buying obnoxious cans rather than why companies are selling them. That said, I would love to see companies make a clear differentiation between race and trail cans, and not sell loud products that are clearly intended for non-race use. If that makes me a fuddy-duddy, so be it.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I will never run a loud can on my sled;
I have a pretty good feel for potentially damaging noise levels. I felt like I needed hearing protection on my sled with a (supposedly) quiet can. I'm not going to put up with that, even if it means running a heavy stock can. My hearing checks out every time, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I am right there with you on this! It seems once a person matures, they start to understand how the "cause and effect" rule works. You only have ONE set of ears! Once you ruin them, that is what you deal with the rest of your life! There is NO reset button on your hearing!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I am right there with you on this! It seems once a person matures, they start to understand how the "cause and effect" rule works. You only have ONE set of ears! Once you ruin them, that is what you deal with the rest of your life! There is NO reset button on your hearing!

Careful, not sure I'm old enough I want to be considered mature yet! But yeah, hearing is one of those things that's easy to take for granted until it's too late, and I'm happy to learn from others' mistakes.

T
Sep 10, 2009
Good news, now please stop selling the obnoxious race version that will en up having sledders blocked from many areas. Yup, not all of your customers have a brain...

Agreed. I won't even consider purchasing a quiet can from GGB until they drop the loud mountain can line. I'll put my money with companies that care about the sport as a whole instead of just pushing product.

R
Dec 25, 2015
The Quiet can across all models will be 8.5 lbs - 10 lbs.

Yes you mentioned that, but im asking about the TRAIL can for polaris 850.. how many lbs is that can?

Quiet Can 8.5lbs
Trail can?

Also, i agree with some users, drop the mountain can line. its harmful for our sport. Trail can is almost to loud.. Im actually thinking my next GGB can will be a Quite can from GGB.... but i love my Trail can for 800 so we will see.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
After getting even more time on these I am super impressed! Coating has stayed as it came, sound has not gotten much louder like other designs, no bogs, Oh and it sounds great!!! Recommend this new GGB Quiet Muffler for any sled!!!

Premium Features