• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PERC Reverse does not function

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
My perc reverse button suddenly has stopped working on my Primary 04 RMK. I changed out the stator and it does not work on either the newer or old stator. I have 3 difference left handle perc reverse assemblies and they all seem to work on my backup 04 RMK, but none work on my primary 04 RMK. So it is not the perc reverse handle assembly. I have 3 different CDI boxes that I plugged in and that does not seem to make any difference either. I am running out of ideas for swapping components to find defective ones. Does anybody have any ideas for what else to look at? When I say it does not work, I mean the engine does not stop and restart going backward.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I'm thinking a wiring problem is all that is left after what you have tried. Do you get a ground at the grey wire on the CDI when you push the button? I don't have a wiring diagram specifically for the RMK so am not positive on the wire color. The diagram I do have shows it on pin 22 at the CDI connector and the grey wire comes from the handlebar switch assembly. Ground is fed to the handlebar switch assembly on a brown wire and goes onto grey when the perc button is operated.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I followed the gray wire back to a 2 wire white plug that had become disconnected right next to the steering post. I plugged that connection back together and it now works fine.

Premium Features