• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yz450f tunnel cooler

O
Feb 23, 2017
Anyone have a crude drawing of how they ran a tunnel cooler. Im running a 17 yz450f with a raw kit. I've been running a thermobob, but still get crazy temp swings

E
Dec 19, 2007
I don't have pictures but I actually mounted a stock bike radiator in the same spot as the link by m5. I just zip tied it and added some silicone or shoe goo to keep it from rubbing the paint off. It was the pre 08 style ktm and I just removed the radiator that didn't have the cap and moved it to the tunnel. I had to put a freeze plug in the extra hose outlet at the bottom.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
tunnel cooler

I have made several tunnel coolers and found it doesn't take much cooler to do the job on a 450 snow bike. I have run a 6" x 8" cooler made out of Wahl Bros cooler stock, that small a cooler works great with my KTM 500. I have a couple of coolers out of Subaru radiators, they are the transmission cooler, nice aluminum, small light, going to put one on my new setup next fall.

Premium Features