• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 cat

C

corydoneen

Dec 21, 2010
Eastern Wa
Who has one, isn't today the day cat was supposed to have them to the dealers or the day they were shooting for? I figured someone would have there hands wrapped around the bars of one buy now!?:juggle:

B-Ridge Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Michigan
Buddy got his today in Michigan. Had to go check it out. Headed west tomorrow and will be ride my it for 7 straight days. I was really impressed with the new plastic. Leaps and bounds cleaner and nicer then my 14 or my buddies 16. Anyone know if he can slap a diamond S off his 14 on it that huge suitcase has got to go. Y Pipe and pipe are painted black don't look stainless like someone stated. The gauge sticks up and is molded into the hood I'm scared it might break when you roll it over but we will see. Rails look strong but light. If the motor runs like they say I will be snow checking in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Wouldn't worry about the gauge. Basically the setup I'm running. Used all last season and this season, lots of rolls.

IMG_1339.jpg

J
Nov 29, 2010
AK
Buddy got his today in Michigan. Had to go check it out. Headed west tomorrow and will be ride my it for 7 straight days. I was really impressed with the new plastic. Leaps and bounds cleaner and nicer then my 14 or my buddies 16. Anyone know if he can slap a diamond S off his 14 on it that huge suitcase has got to go. Y Pipe and pipe are painted black don't look stainless like someone stated. The gauge sticks up and is molded into the hood I'm scared it might break when you roll it over but we will see. Rails look strong but light. If the motor runs like they say I will be snow checking in a month.

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Articl...-know-about-the-Arctic-Cat-C-TEC2-8000-Engine

This states y pipe n muffler as 400 series stainless. Idk

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
The tunnel has been lightened but think it still uses the short cooler which has worked flawlessly.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
From what I could gather, there is more to come when the full release is out. I'm my opinion they could have shaved more off the panels still heavy at only one pound lighter. But you add a can and a belt drive. Even if the axys adds a can ( already has a belt drive) you are damn close to the RTR weight

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Black Diamond Xtreme/SSI have the kit for 1200$ but with a different intake and headlight delete. Then you get all the plastic part.

SSI sounds like they rework the intake for 10 pound weight savings, or 9 in the 18s case?

id order up an SSI kit right now if i knew its intake was as good as my stock as far as no powder ingestion.

C

CatndHat

Nov 8, 2003
Snowville WY
Sweet! Can't wait to hear a ride report:)

Be watching for real ride feed back. Wish we had a dealer here for a test ride:face-icon-small-sad

How are the 17 mountain cats performing? MC is the
only one I am curious to hear, plenty of limiteds, but not the same..

J
Nov 29, 2010
AK
Be watching for real ride feed back. Wish we had a dealer here for a test ride:face-icon-small-sad

How are the 17 mountain cats performing? MC is the
only one I am curious to hear, plenty of limiteds, but not the same..

Arcticinsider has been privvy for multiple rides on the new motor over the last 3 years. Hes got a descent ride review of the motor on his site

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
2018 sleds

Every time I see a pic of theses sleds I like them more and more.

Looking forward to the full release.
Thinking there might still be a couple extra things in the full line up release.

As far as I know the bdx plastic looks like what the sidewinders and king cat and the 600 RS trail sleds are using.
By the looks of it the plastic is different under the side panel of the 2018 sleds.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
I watched that this morning and almost shat over how easy the side panels go on/off. Half the reason I want to upgrade.

Premium Features