• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotoTrax Q&A

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Here's the ski pictures!

Ski_1_zpsrnzdnphk.png

Ski_2_zpsxgikktkt.png

Ski_3_zpsw09jpvl4.png

Ski_4%201_zpsculrobhx.png

Ski_6%202_zpseupfvyun.png

Ski_5%201_zpszyppauun.png

Last edited:
S
May 4, 2016
Hey everyone!
Sorry for the delayed response, we've had a busy weekend at Washougal MX and the Big Nasty Hill Climb! I will start by answering the shipping questions...we will be shipping out our first run of kits the end of this month so anyone that snow checked a kit should have their kits the beginning/middle of October. I will post the rendered pictures of the ski on this feed and as soon as we have our hands on the finished product, which should be next week, I will post a new feed with those pictures and all the details. I will try to get more information and some pictures of the wheel kit and post them on here this week or at the latest, middle of next week. We don't have a fit kit for the 1190 at this time, but that doesn't mean its not possible. That would be a custom job and something we might be able to take on but I would have to check with the boss on that one!

I love seeing all these questions, keep them coming!

What about the gas jug?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
The Adventure makes right around 150 to 154 depending on elevation
and there are some mods that add some more horsepower beyond that
so I think it would turn a pretty aggressive track ok..... As far as flipping it upside down, that's not my thing anyway and from the vids I've seen it looks like a lot of riding sitting down is the way.

Pretty sure he is talking about getting the thing unstuck, or getting going after a crash, etc.?

300lbs tipped over in waist deep snow can be one hell of a chore sometimes, 500lbs would be serious work.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Pretty sure he is talking about getting the thing unstuck, or getting going after a crash, etc.?

300lbs tipped over in waist deep snow can be one hell of a chore sometimes, 500lbs would be serious work.

Yep a tree well or just loosing your balance and getting it pinned on some trees upside down... It sucks enough with an mx bike.. Trust me at the end of the day you want light and nimble over power... Then you are back to a sled ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Sorry I did miss that, thanks for keeping me on my toes! We don't currently have the measurements for that bike, but fitting it would be no problem. We have a fit kit measurement guide form I can send to you. You just take the measurements and send it back to us and we will build the fit kit!

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Have you ever ridden a sled in the trees? Shovel is the equalizer, as far as tipping over, ever hill climbed in sand so steep you can hardly stand up? I have let the bike go down and then slide the back end around get on the up hill side stand the bike up start bike and ride off. Sure, it might be a little more difficult with the track system but no more challenging than a 162" tracked sled.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Hey everyone!
Sorry for the delayed response, we've had a busy weekend at Washougal MX and the Big Nasty Hill Climb! I will start by answering the shipping questions...we will be shipping out our first run of kits the end of this month so anyone that snow checked a kit should have their kits the beginning/middle of October. I will post the rendered pictures of the ski on this feed and as soon as we have our hands on the finished product, which should be next week, I will post a new feed with those pictures and all the details. I will try to get more information and some pictures of the wheel kit and post them on here this week or at the latest, middle of next week. We don't have a fit kit for the 1190 at this time, but that doesn't mean its not possible. That would be a custom job and something we might be able to take on but I would have to check with the boss on that one!

I love seeing all these questions, keep them coming!

Looking forward to seeing some info on that wheel kit today :face-icon-small-ton

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
We offer 2 size options in our Tuff Jug kits:

2.7 Gallon- $89

5.0 Gallon- $99

Kits will include:
- Gas can W/ hardware
- Tunnel protectors
- MotoTrax ratcheting strap

We have a custom MotoTrax ratchet strap that fastens to the tunnel hooks. Check out the thread "Checkout The 2017 MotoTrax Production Kit Features!" there is a picture of the Tuff Jug mounted!

J

jdrice

Feb 10, 2012
what kit would you recommend for a 16 ktm 300 and how well do you think it would work. i was thinking the enduro kit ? the area i would be mostly riding is freeze out area

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
The enduro would be a great track for riding the Freezeout area! We ran that kit on a 250F all last winter at Freezeout and it preformed incredible well. You could step up to one of the 129" kits and power it with your bike, no problem! We offer the Mountain and Motocross in those lengths.

M

MFJ

Jan 14, 2016
We offer 2 size options in our Tuff Jug kits:

2.7 Gallon- $89

5.0 Gallon- $99

Kits will include:
- Gas can W/ hardware
- Tunnel protectors
- MotoTrax ratcheting strap

We have a custom MotoTrax ratchet strap that fastens to the tunnel hooks. Check out the thread "Checkout The 2017 MotoTrax Production Kit Features!" there is a picture of the Tuff Jug mounted!

That is a good price compared to what else is out there. Hard to tell in the picture but what keeps it from sliding around?

Premium Features