• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cvt snow bike

Sickness

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
Denver, CO
Yeah, it's great to see a snowhawk guy innovating, that's the history of single ski. That's the basis. And a guy who has a snowbike too, to go off of, to create something that works even better! What better way to advance the sport.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Are you planning to produce these?

Or can you share any more pictures of the engine/pipe/drivetrain details?
Curiousity is killing me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If I were to win the lottery: I'd snag a Yeti kit and reverse engineer the rest of the bike to suit my needs. I have acquired plenty of 2 stroke power source options over the years.

Keep up the R&D!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
https://www.facebook.com/skip.maier/videos/10201059262959578/
Today I installed a freaking awesome yeti ski and ripped on a trail with perfect control.
Got some hawk drift going on with my bike

Just loving what I have created

Thanks to all have been following my builds

No more getting constantly pelted with snow in the face with this one .

On the Hawk I can actually use the push pull technique like a street bike on the trails . It's a whole new way of riding .

S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
S
Oct 5, 2008
Okanagan
The only issue I see with this project is this it's really going to make the up and coming bike and track manufacturers take a second look at what there doing. I think this idea is the future and the separate track and bike idea although works pretty good doesn't even come close to something like this. All the separate track designs are basically the same principle just some built with allot more care than others. The first time I put my timberland on my bike I kept thinking I was missing something because ( how could something be so primitive). I just seen so many friction losses I was wondering how the bike was going to power it. Mind you some of the new designs have done the best they can to overcome that.
I really think that once a design like this comes to development that the seperate tracks are going to be scrap iron overnight.
I'm surprised Polaris bought Timbersled. Very risky business venture id say in a sport that's changing and evolving so fast, it's a risky move to buy the first prototype put out there.
Great move by the original TS manufactures to find a buyer. Commend them for that.
But this sport is going to need to move into something like this new build to really take off.
This is just my opinion of course after riding TS for the past 2 years. I'm on the sidelines for now until something like this comes out.
I know you can make turbos and big bores and have some fun, but the average guy doesn't have 25000 dollars for a new bike, a kit, a turbo, and then risk the fact that your running the bike to death in the middle of the mountains where it's along walk back to the truck and then another recovery day to pick the thing up and then hope someone can rebuild it for you that knows what there doing without taking a second mortgage out on your house to pay them.

H

happy tree

Feb 4, 2014
Just curious what bike frame you used and if you had to modify it at all. Also do you think it would improve handling to fab a fuel cell where the motor used to be.

Amazing build by the way, you just elevated the sport to another level.

C

Corban_White

Dec 30, 2009
I think this is an awesome build and I would love to ride it. That said, I really like my kit. I like only having one machine. I like storing one, maintaining one, registering one, etc. I loved the hawk when they came out but never really liked the weight balance. This looks like a great design and I hope the OEMs go this direction. But I also hope the kits keep getting developed. I love to ride summer and winter and the kit makes sense to me. Thanks for the innovation!

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
With a kit price in the Yeti range the summer winter issue becomes irrelevant give me one for winter one for summer .

The maintenance on both is no more than working one all Year. I can rebuild 2 sled engines for the cost of one 450!!! No changeover is a bonus as well and you can do maintenance on the sled in the off season and rebuild your bike while sledding.

Spring and fall I ride my bike during the week on evening rides and go sledding/or snow-biking on the weekend.

So for me the all season thing is overrated sales hype.

Premium Features