• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Etec power valves problem

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
Checked all the lines everything is good there, swapped silenoids with one that I know is working good. That didn't change anything. Rode it with the cover off and watched them operate, they looked like they were working fine. Checked compression 143 each side, plugs look perfect. Not sure what do next.

C
Dec 28, 2008
Friant, Ca.
I did this to test my exhaust valves:

Remove the hood, plug the gauge only back into the harness....just let it hang or zip tiie or whatever. Watch the little hose that needs to be unplugged from the ecm when you remove the hood.
take the plastic cover off the exhaust valves, 2 screws.
Make sure the 2 nuts are not backed off of the valve bellows....they dont need to be very tight, just check they havnt backed off....dont overtighten or twist the bellows.
Start the engine and get it past warm up mode.
Turn off sled.
Observe the valves when you start the sled.....they should suck in when it starts.
With the rear of sled suspended, give it some throttle with the brake applied just a little....the valves should return to about half way out (where they are when sled is off)
If you give it a little full throttle, get the rpm up past 7200 with the brake on, the valves should push all the way out.
This isnt too scientific, but will tell you if they are functioning and not hanging up.

Mine seemed to be working fine

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
There is also a process to calibrate the valve opening/closing to the ECM....need the BUDS system to do this.

Premium Features