• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Husaberg FE570 build

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Can't wait to see what this does on the snow! How much track are you going to use?

Big boy! 235lbs., Big bike! Shooting for 100hp. @ 10psi., Big track! Timbersled Mountain Horse Long Track.

I understand a turbo bike will spin a ST fast and just blow off a ST. I have been told to run a LT, by other turbo builders.

I only run LT's on my N/A bikes.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
We are getting closer to rolling!!!!

The secondary injector is installed in the canned ham intake plenum.

picture.php

picture.php

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Interesting dyno runs. I would of thought the torque would of been higher than it was on the single cyl engines with a turbo. Cant wait until the twins show up LOL :face-icon-small-coo

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
With the holidays behind us Memphis is back on the dyno and done with final assembly. I will post pictures soon.

We have learned some things along the way.

Most KTM products will need ARP head studs to handle boost. Even the 70deg. Motor stretched the head bolts at 8psi.

The PC V controler with auto tune is on the bike and controlling the secondary injector only. KMS likes it this way so that the bike is not hard starting and runs normal until the boost comes on.

I am so impressed with Kelly and the skills he has as a tuner. He sent me a dyno sheet and said he was not done yet:

picture.php

Less than an hour later he sends me this dyno sheet. Compare the two and see how he changed and flattened out the HP and torq curves in the 5K to 7k ranges. He got a lot more out of the bike and was not just satisfied with a big HP number.

picture.php

These dyno runs are at 10psi.

KMS if finishing up this weekend and I will get it on the snow soon. I will get some more pics up soon!!!!

S
Nov 20, 2010
That is KICK a ss Toby! What was the total cost of the kit and tuning, and have you had it out as a snowbike yet?

I'm assuming you've mated it to a LT to be able to put the power down?

How long would you estimate removing the turbo and components for stock summer riding?

Definitely want to ride that beast! How much turbo lag?

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
If you are interested in a KMS kit you can go through me. I became a dealer because I like the way KMS does business. The kit is $5500. This includes the lock out clutch, gauges, counter shaft support, head studs, auto tune, fuel controller, secondary fuel system, turbo, exhaust, skid plates, and pipe guards.

KMS will install and dyno tune on new bikes that they do not have kits on. Just on popular bikes that have large potential.

I shipped my bike on Uship round trip from Colorado to Phoenix for $500 insured.

Yes, I am installing a LT to handle the POWER!!!!!

I would estimate 3 hrs to get back to wheels.

I will ride it for the first time next weekend!!!! I had a 2 week delay in progress. Due to shipping and schedules.

I will update with a big smile on my face, after my first ride.

That is KICK a ss Toby! What was the total cost of the kit and tuning, and have you had it out as a snowbike yet?

I'm assuming you've mated it to a LT to be able to put the power down?

How long would you estimate removing the turbo and components for stock summer riding?

Definitely want to ride that beast! How much turbo lag?

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Memphis is done with it's winter get away in Phenoix.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

KMS Preformance did a AWSOME job!!! I am so happy with thier work.

I had to take it for a quick rip down the street. I will be honest. I could not hold it past 5lbs. of boost in 4th gear. I was a little scared!!!

picture.php

After an hour the trembling subsided and it was time for the proof. We straped it down to the dyno at Speedwrench and made a few pulls.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is a YouTube of the dyno run:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/4OdiHksAN5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
All i can say is I cant wait to get on the SNOW!!! The power is not a switch and comes on very constant. you do not even know the boost is up untill you look at the gauge. I have a feeling this bike will boondock and tree ride with the NA bikes.

OK, enough fun for today. I will see if I can sleep. More to come. I will have it on the snow this weekend.

Last edited:

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
That thing will be a riot on the snow!! Track speed will not be a problem!!:thumb::dance::rockon::bump2:

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Ok, so it was time for a little fun on the KMS performance Turbo Bike.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/DTAQZdW0iUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
A full report is comming, I have to get back on the snow!!!

The turbo system is unbelievable! I have the advantage of having a couple of Husaberg FE570's. One stocker with a long track and the turbo bike. I had both on the snow yesterday and was ripping through the tight trees. If the stocker handled at 100% the turbo bike handled at 95% concerning agility moving through the trees. I could pilot this bike with almost the same amount of effort as a stocker, but when I would loose my line and needed to point it straight up the hill all is the similaritys went out the window!!! This thing is an animal!!!!!!!! You don't even know the boost is comming on until it hits the rev limiter and you need to shift. NO TURBO LAG!

This is not a trailer queen that comes out to show up couches on big climbs. It is a every day rider.

Thank you Kelly at KMS Performance!

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
A full report is comming, I have to get back on the snow!!!

The turbo system is unbelievable! I have the advantage of having a couple of Husaberg FE570's. One stocker with a long track and the turbo bike. I had both on the snow yesterday and was ripping through the tight trees. If the stocker handled at 100% the turbo bike handled at 95% concerning agility moving through the trees. I could pilot this bike with almost the same amount of effort as a stocker, but when I would loose my line and needed to point it straight up the hill all is the similaritys went out the window!!! This thing is an animal!!!!!!!! You don't even know the boost is comming on until it hits the rev limiter and you need to shift. NO TURBO LAG!

This is not a trailer queen that comes out to show up couches on big climbs. It is a every day rider.

Thank you Kelly at KMS Performance!

I'm glad that it seems to work so good and it is a beast! WTG!!

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
You are such a damn tease!! Get the vid up already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its front left. Now put up the vid!!

Last edited:

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
OK, This is the only video I have for now. I left my GoPro down in CB on acident. I should be back to me this week.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xzV9oyCaHkY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Premium Features