• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UFO Snobike

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Sorry , but that seems like a strange question ? Simmons has a few to choose from like the new one they make for Mtn Horse , the Gen II has a tracker plate that mounts on outside of the wear bars that could also be put on the III or for the ones that want to rally the trails there's the Boivans twin axis pivoting ski which is a little to aggressive at times but there won't be any front end wash out . Depends on the kind of riding , I like the Gen II with the trackers for the least amount of resistance , some don't . What ever it is it either needs to pivot or bite when leaning over otherwise face plants will be the norm .

Last edited:
M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
I would really like to see an option for a curved provile on the track and have some slight curvature to the rails (instead of flat). Seems this could greatly enhance the handling on firmer snow yet still dow quite well in the powder. Keep up the great innovation work!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
This would make things a lot easyier , it's too logical but the rail thickness is gonna have to be heavier to with stand the beating . The thickness of the sleds rails is not enough for what a bike can do to them . The second picture the rails extensions are designed to do both .

IMG_20130503_120835_911.jpg IMG_20130503_121333_322.jpg

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
Looks like a well built kit. Thanks for the vid. Timbersled will definitely have some competition with this kit. I've always wondered why Timbersled wouldn't change their design to get the chain inside the rail like your kit has. Having that cover dragging and out there to catch things. You WILL need to get a better ski on your kit. Hopefully you are working on that. Keep us updated on your kit.

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Looks like a well built kit. Thanks for the vid. Timbersled will definitely have some competition with this kit. I've always wondered why Timbersled wouldn't change their design to get the chain inside the rail like your kit has. Having that cover dragging and out there to catch things. You WILL need to get a better ski on your kit. Hopefully you are working on that. Keep us updated on your kit.

Mn have u ever rode a bike with that ski? It works really well! I would say by the looks of their kit they know what they are doin!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Watch the front end where he's skimming the side of the hills , it does not assist him in holding a line , it is loosing bite and he's gradually washing down hill , same with climbing . When he was coming up the snow in front of the ski was pushing , washing the snow forward ,creating unnecessary resistance . It's a glorified snowcross ski , it has a flatter approach angle than most , reminds me of the old lake racer steel skis with the pointed tips .
There's only a couple of skis that are designed to be solo , just pointing out something that's been a problem since the first one ski .
He does a very good job of showing how a one ski works and he does not drive it like a snowmobile . Biggest mistake of one ski riders is that some try to ride them like a snowmobile and some of them are professonal riders and what's funnier is that the snowmobiles are trying to ride like a one ski .
This has to be one of the cleanest most fitting set up so far .

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
Thanks for sharing the more in depth video. Looks very well thougth out. I agree though that the new Timbersled ski would be on the 'first things to buy for it' list. Keep up the great work!

T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
Gives me an excuse to go out and buy a newer linkage bike!

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I run my SX kit as low as possible that way it transfer's the weight better on the track and with a properly adjusted Suspension and limiter strap ( for this set up) it helps deep snow performance more than anything. Makes the frond end float on top of the Snow.
Several guys here have done that on the St kits as well it also seems way easier on the front suspension once the rear is down a couple of inches it does not feel so ski heavy.
This may not be the Ideal set up for the snow cross track, but it works well in the backcountry.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
So who has ordered a UFO Kit?,I just snowchecked my MH -st wondering if I should get a UFO to?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
So who has ordered a UFO Kit?,I just snowchecked my MH -st wondering if I should get a UFO to?
didnt order one, BUT, i did go and ride with them last weekend when they were out doing ski testing.

damn, that thing goes good and has to be the CLEANEST looking thing I have ever seen. it is one nice piece of equipment. I also am a big fan of its design without the fixed tunnel. works great. and really easy to hop right on and rip.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Wouldn't lower also mean more resistance in deep snow?
We might think the one skis drag but this kind of says different , don't be to hard on the MTX Nitro , the other is an 146 Assault .

IMG_20130302_160843_801.jpg

Premium Features