• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What bike do you have setup as a snowbike?

What bike are you using your snowbike kit on?

• Total voters

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I would like to make sure we have all the bikes covered with light kits.
I have a pretty good feeling what works well, but that might not transfer into what guys are actually riding.
What bike do you have your snowbike based on?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Im surprised by the number of FI KTMs.I had figured the KX would be the most popular.
First KTM FI penetrator light kit went out this week.as did several KX kits with tail and brake lights.

im riding a 2013 500 xc-w with a timbersled works fantastic but im looking to convert my other street legal 2013 exc-f 350 to the timbersled just wondering if anyone one has done it? When the emissions system is removed and it is re geared anyone know if it will have enough pull.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
My bergs got a bad rapp for having fuel pump issues,,LOL at least my bike doesnt catch on fire!serves them rite for discontinuing the 70 degree motor!since I have to ride with some of them KTMs, Im bringing my hot dog stick!

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
My bergs got a bad rapp for having fuel pump issues,,LOL at least my bike doesnt catch on fire!serves them rite for discontinuing the 70 degree motor!since I have to ride with some of them, Im bringing my hot dog stick!

Ya really have to wonder why they discontinued that motor. Its such a great handling bike.Definitely on my short list.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Ya really have to wonder why they discontinued that motor. Its such a great handling bike.Definitely on my short list.

Because berg keeps winning the World enduro series!!! This year a priviteer even won,,,,,3 championships in a row!!!KTM found a way to win next year! Unless husky now kicks there a@@,even in the hard enduro series BERG rules!!!But yes I still race a 300 in orange, but next season, going to find a blue one, just because!!!

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Because berg keeps winning the World enduro series!!! This year a priviteer even won,,,,,3 championships in a row!!!KTM found a way to win next year! Unless husky now kicks there a@@,even in the hard enduro series BERG rules!!!But yes I still race a 300 in orange, but next season, going to find a blue one, just because!!!

You do realize where the RFS motor came from right? I think if that was the issue KTM would have just switched to the burg motor rather than killing it. maybe a cost cutting deal?.But always fun to speculate..

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Rfs is a totaly different archeticture and not just configuration,and the 70d engine has been bullit proof! Why does the same KTM engine have valvetrain issues? Berg was left alone to do there own thing with suspensions and design and look what hapened KTM bought berg when they were stuck with LC4!then from that came the rfs etc etc ,,,,Now like any good corporation they pull the plug for the good of the shareholders but its JMO!

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Rfs is a totally different archeticture and not just configuration,and the 70d engine has been bullit proof! Why does the same KTM engine have valvetrain issues? Berg was left alone to do there own thing with suspensions and design and look what hapened KTM bought berg when they were stuck with LC4!then from that came the rfs etc etc ,,,,Now like any good corporation they pull the plug for the good of the shareholders but its JMO!

agree. Exactly what I'm saying, if you look at a early pre 2000, jeez even mid 90"s Burg 501 it is almost a carbon copy of the FRS, but opposite. Actually its the other way around, the RFS is a copy of the Burg motor..
KTM bought a great starting point and then made it reliable and actually made it so you could start it...
So why wouldnt they have done the same thing with the newer motor?
I know what Ive been told by factory race teams.. I wont repeat it cause I dont believe it.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Sorry Im on a rant!!! I should buy a new husky or a gas gas for next race season just to show KTM that there are customers who still care about loyalty!

G

Gsi

Dec 6, 2012
Yukon Territory, ca
09 Kawasaki KLX 450R

I have a fmf complete exhaust system. Rad guards , skid plate, jd jet kit, recluse clutch and a 2013 mountain horse short track kit. Stock air box and runs great.

Premium Features