• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helmet for big dome!

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
I would suggest a 509 helmet, they are really nice, but with a 509 helmet you run it to the issue of it being too close to your chin! If 509 doesn't work, HJC helmets are really good and are longer so they would feel further from your chin!

Hope this helps,

RYan!

bearpaw1977

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2011
Eden, WI
Think I have the same issue. Gotta a large melon, and apparently a big chin. I've tried on HJC, Klim, and Bell. THe Bell fit my head really good. Was going to buy another one this year.

T

Trixter99

Jan 24, 2012
Way up over here
I have three fox V3 carbon helmets and they are awesome I have a larger noggin and they were the one I like best. But that being said I'm looking at the fxr helmet I just need to find a dealer that has one to try on.

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
i to have a large melon... xxxl helmets are the norm for me. Having said that, Flyracing 2xl helmets fit my head pretty good. Seems a bit tight at first, but wears in to a great fit. Klim 3xl is also a good option... bear in mind that i tried a 2xl klim and couldnt even pull it over my ears, but the 3xl works gr8.

basically tryin to say that one manufacturers 2xl isnt even close to the same size as anothers. i always have to try them on before buying. i wish you luck in you search.

Jimmyb

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Cremona Alberta
I have the largest HJC helmet. I had to pull the cheek pads out so it isnt so tight. I feel it is very heavy also. When I do my head measurements on the order charts, they always say I am 1-2 sizes smaller so I chicken out ordering. I havn't found a store that carries xxxl Klim or other big helmets. Anyone know of any in Alberta. Montana or around Spokane?

Premium Features