• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

? On Exhaust Valves

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Sorry if this has been brought up before.

2011 Pro RMK 1500 miles. Pulled the exhaust valve on the mag side. It was about as clean as could be. Would the other valve be as clean? I would assume so. No use pulling it out if it isn't needed, correct?
Also the gasket was 100% intact. Should I replace that gasket? Broke that cheap hose clamp they put on the hose, back to NAPA.
I will say I have been looking over both of the 2011 Pro's we own very thoroughly for some time now , and so far I have not come across any problems other than some oil leaking out of the Y-pipe exhaust pipe connection on both sleds. Permatex Ultra Copper fixed that. No broken primary spring, no blown belt, piston, etc. Is it just a matter of time? :clock:
FYI: It's 38 degrees here in northern MN. 4" of snow on the ground. This winter sucks!!!!

Last edited:

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
This winter sucks? Winter, what winter? Has it already came? Did I miss much?

Sucks is about as understated as you can get without cussing.

M
Feb 21, 2009
Sorry if this has been brought up before.

2011 Pro RMK 1500 miles. Pulled the exhaust valve on the mag side. It was about as clean as could be. Would the other valve be as clean? I would assume so. No use pulling it out if it isn't needed, correct?
Also the gasket was 100% intact. Should I replace that gasket? Broke that cheap hose clamp they put on the hose, back to NAPA.
I will say I have been looking over both of the 2011 Pro's we own very thoroughly for some time now , and so far I have not come across any problems other than some oil leaking out of the Y-pipe exhaust pipe connection on both sleds. Permatex Ultra Copper fixed that. No broken primary spring, no blown belt, piston, etc. Is it just a matter of time? :clock:
FYI: It's 38 degrees here in northern MN. 4" of snow on the ground. This winter sucks!!!!

That's your call, I like pulling both but I'm ocd about that stuff. Odds are it will be clean also. Guess if your not having runnability issues I wouldn't worry about it. I always reuse my gaskets unless one cracks pulling them apart, never had a problem with them leaking after. X3 on the lack there of the season called winter, we finally got enough snow to go for a decent ride here a couple weeks ago, just in time for it to rain and shrink it all back down to near nothing.

Premium Features