• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 reverse question?

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
can i take my 08 m8 and put the 09 gears in it and wire it up to get the electronic reverse like the 09 and up i was told that they already had the program in them id like to talk to someone thats done it if its at all possible?

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Id be willing to do that for the weight loss id like to find someone that's done it to see what's all involved thanks for the info

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
The wiring is different. On the 07-08 they had a CCU and on the 09 and newer they have a voltage regulator.

J

jdm1985

May 13, 2009
Ambrose ND
you would also need a different helix in ur secondary, a 2009 or new oil pump that will pump oil when the engine turns backwards. i thought someone on here said you could just have the 08 computer reflashed but i dont remember that for sure. there was someone on here that had it figured out but i think the thread might be gone because of patent issues with cat. i dont know for sure if its gone but i think so.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
The computer reflash to gain engine reverse only works on the '08 M1000s. Once your ECU is updated to the '09 program you will need a helix with a reverse notch and to change a little wiring to make it work. Brian at Canadian Power Machines ("spoon" on here) has a nice little kit that includes a wire with the correct end to plug into the factory harness and instructions on how to do it.

The '08 oil pump doesn't work in reverse, but as long as you don't leave it running in reverse for 5 minutes it isn't anything to worry about.

Premium Features